Make a paper hold 200 pounds of pressure?

I have a class and I have to make 1 piece of paper hold at least 200 pounds of pressure. I can only use: 1 piece of paper, and 6 inches of masking tape. The shape needs to be 3 inches in length and width and 2 inches high.......any ideas? Thnx

• Irv S
    Best Answer

A cylindrical column.

2' strips wound into a 3" dia. cylinder and taped tight is your best bet.

• Susan

I would try cutting the paper into little strips, maybe an inch wide and six inches long. You'd glue the ends to make little rings. A network of rings would act as a base. So you'd have about 18 rings. You'd put a platform on top, which would be a part of your 200 pounds, and you'd put the remainder of the weight on top of that. You'd probably have to experiement with the dimensions of the strips. My suggestion is merely a first try. I do hope you award pts for this answer and regardless if I get the pts that you reveal the answer--assuming there is only one answer.