How can i improve SEO?

I have a website www.fresh4design.com. I want to know more about SEO and different ways i could promote the site. I have optimized the site for web design wakefield as a keyword or phrase. But i would like to do some off page SEO. Has anyone got any tips or suggestions software anything?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Favorite Answer

Your already on page 3 for "web design wakefield". That ain't bad. On-site SEO advice: Have a bit more text on the home page to boost the keyword density, and use titles on links and alt text for pics to do the same. Off-site SEO: start social bookmarking, networking, Twittering, blogging and using sites for putting up content with links like Hubpages and Squidoo, etc, etc. You can quickly get 40-50 incoming links that way.

Good luck.

Oh, by the way. Your home page opened up in a rather odd way in my IE7 browser. I wonder why you put all the code on one page instead of spreading it across separate pages? It would load faster and make a better impression on people who have browsers and bad connections like mine.