small
small asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 decade ago

How would you deal with a contributor here whom you find repulsive due to the content/quality of his/her QA's?

I mean if the person's questions and answers irritate you to the hilt and the person seems to be there all over the Philosophy section without a day being missed out.

Favorite Answer

Is this about the Collins project or the reorderability/satisfiability posts?

If they merely annoy you for personal reasons (style, tone, topic, etc), tough. It's a free country and there is relative free speech on Yahoo Answers. People do have a right to hold and express annoying opinions and you don't have a right to be free from that annoyance. All you can really do is block the user (you can still see what they post, I think, but it will prevent them for clicking into your questions to answer and annoy you) or just ignore them by not clicking on their questions or reading their comments.

This is what's known as personal responsibility. It is rare to find it anymore these days, but it does still exist.

If the answers are actually offensive, and Yahoo provides a community guidelines list of what constitutes actual offensiveness for the community, then you should report them. False reports based on personal annoyance count against you though, so make sure they are actually breaking the rules of the site before reporting them.

Who is it? Is it me? Because I know I've ruffled a few feathers. Oh my god, it's me isn't it?

why not just post a question to that person and ask their intentions as to why they make comment s that seem offensive? or post questions that are no sense ?it may be that they have trouble expressing them selves in english. or something simple. get a little irked at times seeing questions that are vulgar and only meant to shock .

but i have also read some questions that have given me a good laugh ,and even more humorous were the comments.

i just started to use Q's i just learned to type and to use a computer. i have probably peeved a few people off. some have ticked me also. but i and the rest of you need to realize that none of us are perfect. and we are all learning something . from each other. i am older than dirt. but you young people are teaching me so much. and i am grateful for this. and for you. so if i have offended i apologize ,my comments are some times lacking the graciousness that i should deploy ,and my spelling is awful. and i forget the right words to express ideas.

but i do not apologize for my sentiment on certain matters. and i respect the right of anyone to express them selves . without apology it is called honest communication. only thing i can not understand is why some o f you call others trolls, it seems like some like to dehumanize eachother.

I don't know, maybe its just me or something... but I find the annoying answers much more interesting than the nice ones... anticipating in a way, because its so unpredictably predictable in a way... you'll never guess that anyone will answer that way, and yet you don't know anything else than to expect that answer... from them...

Irritation is fun in a way... different personalities, horrible opinions... they're much nicer than others I guess... I mean at times they feel a little honest... and at times a little cheesy... human in a way... which is why I've remained on Y!A for a pretty long time... its humans here, we're humans and I could be annoying to them as much as they're to me... so yeah...

Amusing... and annoying in a way... weirdly nice... I try to understand them, its fun to do so, especially if I do happen to come across their answers and questions.. gives them a personality...

So how would I deal with it... well.. I'll just let it be... just as they were/are towards me...

Cheers!!!!!!

Click on their avatar, then block user (you can find on their profile).

If by repulsive you mean something truly offensive or illegal, you can always report them to the Yamster...but nobody really wants to be a report monkey, do they?

Or you could just try remembering the planet is full of jerks & goofs & try to ignore them.

I would report them as abusive and be prepared to cite examples. With luck and other reports, this person will be first, asked to cease and desist from answering in that section, and second, be removed from the Yahoo! Answers section. This is our hope at any rate.

To be honest, one wonders what the motivation to be an *** actually is. It may be only that this person lacks control in their own life, and must seek to abuse or control outside situations to satisfy their own ego. They are looking for attention and deserve no less than to be ignored and no more than to be removed.

Best of luck in removing the thorn from your side (or backside as the case may be).

Block them and ignore their questions, it's as simple as that. Of course, you will still encounter the individual (in all likelihood) as a respondent on questions you elect to answer. It's up to you whether you bother to read what the individual has written. Stay calm!

• kesten

i do no longer think of you're being honest to the guy who gave a thumbs down. they might think of as I do, that to stay your existence without your mom is a poor element. no longer all of us thinks that existence is this variety of impressive present, some persons locate it confusing and could have favored to in no way have been born. definite, she grew to become into brave and made the alternative she felt grew to become into good although that's no longer the alternative that all of us could think of advantageous.

Just don't pay them any mind. Ultimately they aren't hurting you or effecting your life in any significant way. And you probably have better things to think about if you enjoy philosophy.

If enough people block the user, Yahoo will investigate. Report abuse. Make a formal complaint.

I would just ignor the person, but you can report them to yahoo