Pre-lit Christmas tree lighting issues.....?

I have a pre-lit Christmas tree that I have had for 2 years. I put it up and turned it on a few days ago and all was fine; then one section on the top (tree is in 3 sections) quit working. I noticed lots of burned out bulbs so I assumed that they were just burned out so I went to lowe's and bought a box of... show more I have a pre-lit Christmas tree that I have had for 2 years. I put it up and turned it on a few days ago and all was fine; then one section on the top (tree is in 3 sections) quit working. I noticed lots of burned out bulbs so I assumed that they were just burned out so I went to lowe's and bought a box of lights and refit them to fit my light outlets. It still didn't work! Then I fould a bulb that was missing and BAM it worked! Needless to say I felt like an idiot. Anyway My problem is that now the section that wasnt working is now very dim compared to the rest of the tree? I ran out of the new lights when I was rewiring so I also had to use some old lights. Could it be something with the old lights? Or does anyone have any other ideas?
2 answers 2