Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

How many Messianic Jews are there in the world?

A Messianic Jew is a Jewish person who believes that Jesus (Yeshua) fulfilled the prophesies about the Messiah in the Jewish Scriptures, that he died to atone for the sins of mankind, and that God raised him from the dead on the third day. A Messianic Jew essentially is a Jewish person who believes that Jesus is the promised Jewish Messiah.

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Moi
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Messianic Jews are Jews who accept the Messiahip of Yeshua (Jesus) of Nazareth, and believe in His act of atoning sacrifice for the sins of our Jewish nation and all mankind. The Messianic Jewish Alliance of America (MJAA) represents the interests of approximately 100,000 Messianic Jews in the United States. The MJAA is also affiliated with 15 other national Messianic Alliances through an International Messianic Alliance which represents the interests of up to 350,000 Messianic Jews world-wide (figures as estimated by the Jewish telegraph Agency 4/14/89). All of the organizations whose emblems appear on this page are concerned that Israel is facing a great dilemna due to the Madrid Peace Conference, which has caused mounting pressure from America and other nations upon Israel to yield "land-for-peace".

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How many Messianic Jews are there in the world?

A Messianic Jew is a Jewish person who believes that Jesus (Yeshua) fulfilled the prophesies about the Messiah in the Jewish Scriptures, that he died to atone for the sins of mankind, and that God raised him from the dead on the third day. A Messianic Jew essentially is a Jewish person who believes...

Source(s): messianic jews world: https://shortly.im/X4Jat
  • 4 years ago

The truth is that many (I don't think is the majority) hate or dislike people that believe in Jesus because any one that believe in him believes they are following a form of Judaism even if they don't say it. I would strongly recommend that anyone that reads this look at the scripture referenced to see if it has anything to do with the interpretation suggested by Kismet. The check it against the interpretation from people that believe in Jesus and see for your self what sounds more logical. The Jewish interpretations often don't make sense and are illogical. I would especially point out the scripture says the messiah comes before the end of time and at the end of time yet the Jews only believe in one coming of the messiah. The references to Buddhist Muslims etc is especially bizarre because Buddhism and Islam to not foretell each other or are related to each other. It just exposes the lengths of denial that Jews will go through.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

It does not matter whether they are pure Jews who accepted Jesus as the Messiah and Son of God. Soon many pure Jews will accept before the coming of the Day of the Lord. God is able to save the gentiles who had no knowledge of God. How much more the Jews who God has chosen? The two sticks will come together in Ezekiel.

This represents the Jews and the Christians and become one, united in purpose, one in the Lord.

• Judith
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axdBE

We are only hostile towards people who pretend to be Jewish but are really Christian. There is no such thing as messianic Jews; it is as ridiculous as being a Buddhist Muslim! Christians identify Messiah with Jesus and define him as God incarnated as a man, and believe he died for the sins of humanity as a blood sacrifice. This means that one has to accept the idea that one person's death can atone for another person's sins. However, this is opposed to what the Bible says in Deuteronomy 24:26, "Every man shall be put to death for his own sin," which is also expressed in Exodus 32:30-35, and Ezekiel 18. The Christian idea of the messiah also assumes that God wants, and will accept, a human sacrifice. After all, it was either Jesus-the-god who died on the cross, or Jesus-the-human. Jews believe that God cannot die, and so all that Christians are left with in the death of Jesus on the cross, is a human sacrifice. However, in Deuteronomy 12:30-31, God calls human sacrifice an abomination, and something He hates: "for every abomination to the Eternal, which he hateth, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their gods." All human beings are sons or daughters, and any sacrifice to God of any human being would be something that God would hate. The Christian idea of the messiah consists of ideas that are UnBiblical. So how have we Jews, who invented the term, always defined the term Messiah? 1. The Messiah is born of two human parents, as we said.But Jesus, according to Christian theology, was born of a union between a Human woman and God, rather than two HUMAN parents, as was Hercules, and Dionysis, as well as many other pagan gods. 2. The Messiah can trace his lineage through his human biological father, back to King David (Isaiah 11:1,10; Jeremiah 23:5; Ezekiel 34:23-24; 37:21-28; Jeremiah 30:7-10; 33:14-16; and Hosea 3:4-5). But Jesus's lineage cannot go through his human father, according to Christian theology, as Jesus's father was not Joseph the husband of Mary. According to Christian theology, Jesus's father was God. 3. The Messiah traces his lineage only through King Solomon (II Samuel 7:12-17; I Chronicles 22:9-10). But according to Luke 3:31, Jesus was a descendant of Nathan, another son of King David, and not a descendant of King David through King Solomon. 4. The Messiah cannot trace his lineage through Jehoiakim, Jeconiah, or Shealtiel, because this royal line was cursed (I Chronicles 3:15-17; Jeremiah 22:18,30). But according to both Matthew 1:11-12 and Luke 3:27, Jesus was a descendant of Shealtiel. According to the Jewish definition of the term, the Real Messiah will make changes in the real world, changes that one can see and perceive and be able to prove because these changes take place in the real world. It is for this task that the real messiah has been anointed in the first place, hence the term, messiah -- one who is anointed. These changes, that one will be able to see and perceive in the real world, include: 1. The Messiah is preceded by Elijah the prophet who, with the Messiah, unifies the family (Malachi 4:5-6), which is contradicted by Jesus in Matthew 10:34-37. 2. The Messiah re-establishes the Davidic dynasty through the messiah's own children (Daniel 7:13-14). But Jesus had no children. 3. The Messiah brings an eternal peace between all nations, between all peoples, and between all people (Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-4; Ezekiel 39:9). Obviously there is no peace. Furthermore, Jesus said that his purpose in coming was to bring a sword, and not peace (see Matthew 10:34, as referenced above.) 4. The Messiah brings about the universal world-wide conversion of all peoples to Judaism, or at least to Ethical Monotheism (Jeremiah 31:31-34; Zechariah 8:23; Isaiah 11:9; Zechariah 14:9,16). But the world remains steeped in idolatry. 5. The Messiah brings about an end to all forms of idolatry (Zechariah 13:2). But the world remains steeped in idolatry. 6. The Messiah brings about a universal recognition that the Jewish idea of God is God (Isaiah 11:9). But the world remains steeped in idolatry. 7. The Messiah leads the world to become vegetarian (Isaiah 11:6-9). It isn't. 8. The Messiah gathers to Israel, all of the twelve tribes (Ezekiel 36:24). Many of the ten lost tribes remain lost. 9. The Messiah rebuilds The Temple (Isaiah 2:2; Ezekiel 37:26-28). It hasn't been rebuilt. 10. There will be no more famine (Ezekiel 36:29-30). People starve to death every day. 11. After the Messiah comes, death will eventually cease (Isaiah 25:8). People die every day. 12. Eventually the dead will be resurrected (Isaiah 26:19; Daniel 12:2; Ezekiel 37:12-13; Isaiah 43:5-6); 13. The nations of the earth will help the Jews, materially (Isaiah 60:5-6; 60:10-12; 14. The Jews will be sought out for spiritual guidance (Zechariah 8:23); 15. All weapons will be destroyed (Ezekiel 3

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Current (Feb2014) estimates vary from between 300,000 to as high as a million world-wide, depending on which source you believe.

• 6 years ago

News flash: Peter was a Jew and he believed in Jesus. In fact, all of the initial disciples believed in Jesus so to say you cannot believe in Jesus and be a Jew is not true.

• 1 decade ago

Since an ordained *BAPTIST* Minister founded "messianic judaism" it's clear that Messianics are Gentiles. Christians. Literally not Jews.

Messianics are welcome to convert TO Judaism.

They prefer not to, and prefer to remain Christians.

Thus - they must stop posing fraudulently as 'jews'.

A Jew that adopts Christian beliefs, violates Judaism.

Just as a Christian that adopts Islamic beliefs, violates Christianity.

Any Jew that commits IDOLATRY by worshipping Jesus, becomes an EX JEW.

And no matter how many lies you tell to the contrary, you're convincing NOBODY.

• 1 decade ago

One too many

Messianic "jews" are not Jewish in the slightest.

A messianic "Jew" essentially is a fundie christian.

You know I don't think Jesus if he really existed would approve of all these deceptions and lies coming out of the messianic "jewish" movement.

• 6 years ago

I'm shocked by the projected "superiority" of those who consider themselves true Jews on these responses. To be so blatantly offensive toward Christians, who worship Jesus...a JEW...is quite unbecoming.

Romans 2:28-29 might do some people good to study. Here it is for those who choose not to read God's glorious, truthful Word, from Genesis to Revelation.

28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 29 but he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

To God, a Jew is someone who follows His Son, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. We've had a circumcision of the heart and we've chosen to die to our sinful ways and follow Christ's example. Remember, anyone who denies that Jesus is God come in the flesh is antichrist.

1 John 4:3: 3 and every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

I want so badly to show Jews who deny Jesus as Messiah what they are missing, what's made them blind to the truth of God the Father. God the Father wrapped Himself in delicate human flesh to fulfill His perfect law. Why? Because He knew we could never do it. He knew that we ALL need a Savior. That Savior is Jesus Christ, God in the flesh, who put Himself up on that cross to suffer for your sins.

I was reading back in the Book of Judges one day about the Hebrews crying out to God for deliverance. They were enslaved and repeatedly cried out to God. And then God's Holy Spirit showed me that we, as humans, always think SMALL. The Hebrews cried out for deliverance for only the Hebrews. It's like trying to paint a house with a child's tiny paintbrush. But God had bigger plants. He wasn't going to just save the Hebrews. He was going to come to this earth HIMSELF, as Jesus Christ, and in one full swoop, save the entire world by His healing sacrifice. God came here to save ALL who would believe in Jesus Christ, King of Kings, Lord of Lords. Instead of painting a house with a tiny little brush, God took one GLORIOUS stroke and painted the world. Now, all you have to do is accept that wonderful gift...the gift of salvation that was freely offered to you. But a gift isn't a gift until you accept it.

So just accept it and trust. Let Jesus into your heart and KNOW that your salvation is solidly-founded upon the Rock.

Jesus Christ is beautiful. He is perfect and HE IS RISEN and ALIVE.

Jesus is the only true way to peace. Put an end to your spiritual blindness and come see the perfection and protection of Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. There is no other way to the Father but through Jesus. No other way.

John 14:6: 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Oh, and what a glorious way it is. If there are any Jews out there who have questions about Jesus Christ, please, I beg you, come talk to me. Let me guide you in the direction of the truth...the only truth. Jesus is Lord of Lords and King of Kings. Let me help you see the truth. I will give whatever time it takes to help you for when I serve you, I serve my Lord.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.