Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 1 decade ago

Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL)?

I have Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL). What is the end like. How will this kill me.

Update:

I didn't mention that I have as genetic marker that accelerates CLL

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The doctor may also conduct immunophenotyping. This involves taking a sample of the blood and looking at what types of cells of the immune system are being affected by the CLL. Approximately 19 out of 20 CLL patients have the B-cell type of CLL. Far more rare is the T-cell type of CLL. In addition, the doctor may look for abnormalities in the chromosomes of the affected cells. Chromosomes are a unit of genetic material within cells. Patients exhibiting no chromosomal abnormalities have a better prognosis than those who do have such abnormalities. If the abnormalities become more complex over time, the patient's prognosis may worsen.

http://www.answers.com/topic/chronic-lymphocytic-l...

WILL YOU PLEASE READ THIS PLEASE AND DONT WORRY TO MUCH

GOD BLESS

Source(s): M.L
  • 1 decade ago

Stone - Treatment is not always required and you may just be followed up as an outpatient on a regular basis, sometimes for many years, with no need for further action. Older people with early stage CLL have a normal life expectancy. Treatment in the form of chemotherapy will be required if you are unwell or have many enlarged lymph glands, or become significantly anemic. Complications of low blood cell counts, including hemorrhage and infection, represent a major cause of death and must be carefully monitored. Many patients die of some other condition after many years. Live each and every day as best you can. Don't hesitate to stay in touch with your doctor whenever you feel in need of help.

Source(s): a medical profesional
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Chronic lymphocytic leukemia occurs rarely before the age of 45 and increases in incidence with each succeeding decade. Acute lymphocytic leukemia, by contrast, can occur at any age, but about half the cases occur in children under the age of 19, with the peak incidence occurring at about 4 years of age. In the United States, chronic lymphocytic leukemia accounts for about 7300 new cases of leukemia each year, and acute lymphocytic leukemia, for about 3100 new cases.

• 1 decade ago

It is hard to tell usually not good but it depends on where you are and what your treatment regimen is. Also, if you are newly diagnosed there is something that needs to be looked at which is patients missing only a segment in chromosome 13 are considered at low risk for rapid progression, which needs to be confirmed. Good luck

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You still have time. 5-10 year survival rate!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.