How should I try to "capture" a stray cat and bring him inside my house?

I've been feeding a neighborhood stray cat for a couple months. Yesterday, I asked a question about how to help him get through this upcoming brutal Minnesota winter. I received several answers that said I should bring him inside. I'm not sure how to accomplish that, because he's still too skiddish... show more I've been feeding a neighborhood stray cat for a couple months. Yesterday, I asked a question about how to help him get through this upcoming brutal Minnesota winter. I received several answers that said I should bring him inside. I'm not sure how to accomplish that, because he's still too skiddish around people to get close to.

Thanks!
Update: I should clarify a little. I've already got him coming up to the house to eat the food I put out, I just can't actually get close to him myself. I can't put the food inside with the door open, because the temperature is in the single digits (along with the snow, etc).