Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Bureau of Engraving and Printing giving employees $75 gift cards in exchange for govt owned printers?

A Republican congressman is taking a hard look at a program in the Bureau of Engraving and Printing that would give hundreds of senior employees $75 gift cards in exchange for their printers, which the government already owns.

"It's absurd and demeaning that managers would offer employees gift cards for the simple act of returning office property," Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., ranking Republican on the House Oversight Committee, said in a written statement Tuesday.

Issa wants to know why the bureau is not asking employees to return the printers for free and has written a letter to Director Larry Felix demanding an explanation.

"I'm going to need your assistance in helping me understand why your agency needs to spend in excess of $40,000 to recover its own property," he wrote.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/12/01/rep-iss...

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

thaats legalized extortion! Again someone needs to be in jail over this

• 1 decade ago

Doesn't seem right.

Instead they should charge all employees that keep printers with theft and see how fast the printers are returned.

In real-life businesses, employees are charged with theft when they take office property that doesn't belong to them. And the cost of that property is deducted from their last check after they are FIRED!!!

• 1 decade ago

I'm sure there is more than $75.00 worth of pens and staples in most of those employees homes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.