"KASHMIR is disputed territory, " says Hurriyat leader Geelani . What do you say?

Geelani says Kashmir is disputed territory. Arundhati Roy says India should give freedom to Kashmir. Govt. of India had promised plebiscite in Kashmir at one time. Govt. of India has been holding talks after talks with these same groups who have stubbornly retained their stand that Kashmir is not an integral... show more Geelani says Kashmir is disputed territory.
Arundhati Roy says India should give freedom to Kashmir.
Govt. of India had promised plebiscite in Kashmir at one time.
Govt. of India has been holding talks after talks with these same groups who have stubbornly retained their stand that Kashmir is not an integral part of India.

In view of the above facts can someone tell me:

1) What is India's progress in solving the Kashmir issue in last 60 years?

2) What is India's stand as of now on the promise of plebiscite made by the govt. headed by Pandit Nehru?
Update: I am having a gut feeling that we are as far from solving the Kashmir issue as we were say in the 50s. That is why I asked this question.

2ndly, thousands of Indian soldiers have given their lives and are still being martyred on Kashmir. What about them? What about their mothers?
Update 2: My question is ; HOW LONG OUR SOLDIERS WILL DIE IN KASHMIR? ANOTHER 60 YEARS?

DO YOU REALISE WHAT PRICE WE ARE PAYING?
Update 3: I thank everyone for answering. Special thanks to those who have understood my concern . I stayed away from argumets & counter-arguments because then the question might be reported for chat format. However, my point was that lots of rounds of dialogues have been held and we are still as far from any solution... show more I thank everyone for answering. Special thanks to those who have understood my concern .

I stayed away from argumets & counter-arguments because then the question might be reported for chat format.

However, my point was that lots of rounds of dialogues have been held and we are still as far from any solution as we were during the first dialogue.

I cant take the loss of our men casually. Lets all hope that Kashmir becomes just another Indian state like Karnataka , UP or Rajasthan.