"Hey, China" is this a racist?

I was recently on facebook, debating a hot topic and a person responded by saying "Hey, China", my network is China but, I told the person that this was a racist comment it is like calling a black-man "Hey, Africa" or an Indian "Hey, India". It is not out right racist like hey chink... show more I was recently on facebook, debating a hot topic and a person responded by saying "Hey, China", my network is China but, I told the person that this was a racist comment

it is like calling a black-man "Hey, Africa" or an Indian "Hey, India". It is not out right racist like hey chink or slant eyes, but, it does carry a touch of racism

what do you think, am I right, what is your opinion?

they countered and said no it is not racist, it is like calling an Australian "Hey Australia"

but I said that that does not invoke the mind to think in a racist way, "Hey China" or "Hey Africa" does