Does Uranus have a black hole?

I was trying to see Uranus with a telescope, but all I could see was a black hole. Could someone explain? Uranus is an interesting place? Have you seen Uranus?

Oops, I meant: "Is Uranus an interesting place?"

It's a joke, people! Can't you see? Thanks for the serious answers, though.

Favorite Answer

i sense a dirty joke buried in here somewhere, but the scientific part of my mind is over riding it.

no, it doesn't, a black hole is a gravitational anomaly, so intense that it sucks in light. if there were an attractive force that string in our solar system we would be either pulled into the sun or into said hole, depending where we are when it happens

also, black holes are formed by stars going super nova (think sun sized atom bomb) and if a star exploded around here the force would have propelled our planet in a straight line (and not into orbit) for, what is for all intents and purposes, eternity and we wouldn't be close enough to see where that black hole/planet is

• Pamela

Uranus IS a black hole.

Visually, Uranus looks bland compared to the other Jovian planets. People were disappointed how bland it looked when Voyager 2 passed by because it was just green (which is still beautiful btw). Couldn't see any storm clouds or anything.

if uranus had a black hole uranus wouldnt exist and the planets surrounding it too

No. A black hole is a field of immense gravity that will decimate anything near it, including earth and the sun.

Oh, it's a joke. I see. So, next year you're going to be in Fourth Grade?

.

uranus doenst have a black hole cause i it did we would all be dead

As a spoken gag it's weak; as printed, it's impossible.

This is the kind of question that makes me think, "Oho, another one of those Seinfeld watchers."

Nope. but long answer is.

That will do pig.

That will do,

Source(s): O.o