Messianic Jew... Am I living a lie? Help.?

Hello. So I am having a dilemma. Since I was small, I was raised by my mother in the ways of Messianic Judaism. Since I was young, I always considered myself a Jew, since it was what I was always told and what I believed, but now that I am older and have researched what Judaism and Messianic Judaism is, I am a bit... show more Hello. So I am having a dilemma. Since I was small, I was raised by my mother in the ways of Messianic Judaism. Since I was young, I always considered myself a Jew, since it was what I was always told and what I believed, but now that I am older and have researched what Judaism and Messianic Judaism is, I am a bit conflicted. I don't want to live a lie, so I am thinking of converting fully to Christianity. I would not convert to Judaism since I do believe in Yeshua or Jesus. I know many people criticize "Messianic Judaism" for its belief, but I don't just wanna change because of people think. The problem is that my mother is completely disappointed in me now... Especially since she is such a believer in Messianic Judaism. Should I just convert to Christianity despite my mother's wishes or do I continue to follow Messianic Judaism? Its not like they are much different and the reality is that they both follow the word of Yeshua (Guess I should start referring him as Jesus) and God. Help me brothers and sisters....
28 answers 28