i'm a white american girl, and have a crush on a korean exchange student, help?

ok this guy's locker is right next to mine, and he's really quiet...is there any chance that we could be together? i read on a website that koreans think americans are fat and ugly, im 98 pounds, is that fat in korea? i dont think im ugly at all though. also, since he's an exchange student, will his parents approve of me if we're ever together? also, i could use some tips on getting him to notice me

XX thx

Favorite Answer

Oh god I cant believe all the racist answers here.

I say you should go for it. Exchange students are often in need of a good friend or two so try talking to him and get to know him better. Most of the time, exchange students are quiet because they're intimidated by the new environment. Think about it, in Korea like 90% of the population is Korean. It must be hard for him to adjust.

And there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with interracial dating. You just have to be more wary of the other culture. But still I see nothing wrong with trying.

Foreign exchange student.. that's kinda tricky. If he was korean American, it would be a little easier. but since he's a foreign exchange student, I'm gonna be far fetched and guess that he'll be like any native Korean and would most likely date within his race. That's just generally though. As an individual, he might be different. Since you said he's really shy and quiet, you should approach him first. You never know what's gonna happen unless you go for it.

a million. This habit isn't something that could desire to be of considerable undertaking till he easily refuses to do each little thing you advise, at any given time. In maximum Asian cultures, training is placed as a precedence (the belief of training=success,) so he's probable basically feeling the might desire to maintain his priorities in shape. of course, this theory isn't purely present in Asian subculture nor am I asserting all Asian families undertake such techniques, regardless of the incontrovertible fact that it may be clever to take those issues into attention and supply him a super berth. do no longer attempt to tension him to do something pointless as his purely duties are those of an replace student. 2. i'm no longer responsive to Korean subculture, eating, etc. yet i understand properly sufficient which you will possibly desire to no longer press any customer to discard his property-- despite they could be-- in case you at the instant are not useful with regard to the circumstances. this might desire to be something to be reported with the mothers and dads or the corporation, if obtainable, in case you have doubts. 3. back, do no longer press him approximately his property. If his calls disrupt you in a remarkable way, then you certainly might desire to evaluate chatting with him approximately it. otherwise, do no longer take pointless movements-- after all, he's in a distant places united states, faraway from family contributors and each physique else he's ever trouble-free; widespread calls might desire to be expected. i understand the form you do no longer prefer this to be a spoiled journey on your son, and your concerns are comprehensible interior the least. regardless of the incontrovertible fact that, that is important to undergo in techniques each of your duties in this occasion: he's an replace student and you are the host. reliable success! do no longer forget approximately to have relaxing as extra than some :)

It's pretty much your choice, not mine nor anyone who are answering this question+anyoe else. If you really like him, you should do whatever you can to reach your desires.

I believe 98 lbs universally isn't even fat.

I noticed that most Asians who are not born in America will most likely choose their own race to preserve their own culture, but American born Asians like my boyfriend are open to date anyone regardless of race.

ugh forget what most everyone said, there is nothing wrong with having a crush on a foreign exchange student! i've liked some german & french boys at my school haha. one thing about foreign exchange students is that they love meeting people, and making friends.. think about it, if you went to a foreign country you would like it if people talked to you right? just make conversation.. be like hey you're from korea right? introduce yourself, and ask him about his country. they won't think you're weird or anything, i'm sure he will be excited to have a new friend! i have not once met a foreign exchange student that actually didn't like or want talking to me. good luck =)

Tell him you have a dog and would he like to meet it. He will probable become your best friend. Send pictures of you and the dog to his family and they will accept you very much.

Woman do what you want to,

what makes you happy,

Leave these jelly fish and their insecurity,

trembling at the bottom of the ocean,

Source(s): MyCloxx

Yes, of course. You're really attractive, and you seem like a lovely and thoughtful person. I Wish you're a little closer... I'm all the way in Minnesota.

Asians would love to date a white girl like youself anyday. He likes but hes super shy. Please understand that

aww how cute. I remember crushing on the German exchange students back in 7th and 8th grade. what can I say? German guys are freakin cute!

wow look at all the racists who answered your question. smh.

As long as your not one of those nerdy weeaboo's you'll be fine.

Are you going for him because white guys don't find you attractive?

I don't mind white girls but I tend to get the ugly reject white girls hittin on me thinking i'll be honoured they are talking to me. I prefer the latina's but if a girls good looking I'll hit it.

post a picture and i'll tell you for sure ;)