Proper way to play pocket aces?

I was in a tournament with my friend. He had pocket aces and bet $1,000. It was at the start and we had about $5,000. Blinds were $400-200. Three people called. Flop did not seem to improve anyone's hand. He then bet $2,000, and one person called. He went all in and that person called because he had... show more I was in a tournament with my friend. He had pocket aces and bet $1,000. It was at the start and we had about $5,000. Blinds were $400-200. Three people called. Flop did not seem to improve anyone's hand. He then bet $2,000, and one person called. He went all in and that person called because he had triple my friends chips. Well that guy got his straight on the river. He initially stayed in with a J-8. Should my friend have gone all in with his pocket aces?

I bet that guy would have folded a J-8, and everyone else would have too. Agree?