Does anyone know what a 10 tap test on a printer should look like?

Favorite Answer

Don't know what printer you have, so I can't say exactly what you need to do, but the only printer that I'm aware of that uses Tap Tests is the HP Officejet Pro K550 printer. The 10 tap test on this printer is the configuration printout.

Here are the instructions for the Tap Tests on the HP Officejet Pro K550 printer:

To perform a tap test, do the following:

1. Verify full-sized media is loaded into the tray.

2. Press and hold the Power button.

3. While holding down the Power button, press and release the Cancel button once for each "ten" in the tap sequence number.

4. Continue holding the Power button, and press and release the Resume button once for each "one" in the tap sequence. (For example, for a 64-tap test, press and release the Cancel button six times and the Resume button four times.)

5. Release the Power button.

So, for the 10 tap test you'd:

Press and hold the Power button.

While holding down the Power button, press and release the Cancel button once.

Then release the Power button.

I'd recommend you not try other tap tests unless you know exactly what they're for and what they do as the results may not be what you want.

Best of luck.

10 tap test printer

Upgrading to Windows 7 should fix most of these problems. Windows 7 has a much better operating system and is generally much faster and more efficient at processing information and data. I have personally found Windows Vista to be really slow and painful to have on a computer, and is just a very bad system to have. Spending money on Wondows 7 would be a great investment in my opinion, and it would be well worth your while :).