Would you consider L. Ron Hubbard (the founder of Scientology) a religious leader?

Favorite Answer

Only from a very technical standpoint... for the most part I just consider him another nutjob.

• eddi

L. Ron Hubbard develop into fascinated in magic till now he created Scientology and Dianetics. He develop right into a chum of Jack Parson's who develop into on the time the pinnacle of the yank financial disaster of the OTO, Ordo Templi Orientis. It develop into extremely occultism yet i do no longer call it black magic. A actual account of Mr Hubbard's involvement with the OTO may well be contemporary in J Gordon Melton's Thelemic Magic in united states of america of america - the Emergence of an option faith.

Yes. I also consider him to have been a cynical con artist, a drug addled lunatic, and a self-deluded fraud. It is very well documented that...

1. He started Scientology as a way of making money.

2. He was a recreational user of many psychiatric drugs when he wrote the upper levels of Scientology training.

3. He regularly claimed to have a mastery of nuclear physics, medicine, photography, maritime operation, and many other subjects while display no knowledge of them *AND* being documented as failing many of those subjects in college and military.

Hubbard may have been a religious leader, but I doubt he was very religious.

Source(s): Time Magazine St. Petersburg Times Ex-Scientologists across the world So many more.

The only thing L. Ron Hubbard is famous for is going to jail for fraud and saying " if you want to get rich, invent your own religion ". So not a chance. lolz

Practicing Shaman... quantum physics rocks

He was a science fiction author who founded a quasi-religious system based on certain beliefs and practices that cost a lot of money for others to participate in.

One of the best answers to "What do Scientologists believe?" was posted in August 2008 by Zero Cool. Her answer takes up three A4 pages, so I couldn't copy it but I encourage you to look up this link and check out her myriad on-line sources:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AjTQi...

• wrcjmm

Any man/woman who creates a "religion" where u have to buy products and can only learn information at certain levels of that belief is not a religios leader, they are a leader of a false doctrine used to empty your pockets and fill their bank accounts.

With JESUS at least we all can achieve the same fulfillment no matter what.

We are not treated like a video game where we need to reach level 24 to be saved and have eternal life.

Without JESUS it is GAME OVER!!!!

No. Religion is fandom... fanatical worship of fictional characters. L. Ron Hubbard is a fiction author, like Moses.

For his religion, yes, he is the leader. But I don't like him more than I don't like Sarah Palin. I went to their big building before and I got their material in the 80's. Scientology people are not real Christians. It's not about Christ changing you. It is about you and just thinking in your mind of how you feel. Sarah makes me sick, too.

Yes. Unfortunately, the answer must be "yes." The good news is that since I live very near their headquarters, I get to stop and chat with many of them. It allows me to make fun of them to their faces, which provides me a great way to pick myself up when I am feeling down.

• A businessman, yes. Religious leader, no.