Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 1 decade ago

Would all these Computer Parts Fit Together?

I am wondering if all these computer parts fit together. I think im correct just checking:

Motherboard -- ASUS P6T7 WS Supercomputer

CPU -- Intel Core i7-975 Extreme Edition

RAM -- G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066

Grapics Card -- GTX295

Best Answer

the motherboard is not compatible to RAM u have to change the motherboard.since u have 16 Gb RAM so this "Gigabyte X58 LGA1366 MAX-16GB DDR3 Atx 3PCIE16 2PCIE 2PCI 8RAID Gbe 12USB" will be good option to you.

Yes they will fit and work but the i7 extreme edition is an extreme waste of money. The i9 s are coming out in a couple of months and that i7 will be half the price. You need to look at the benchmarks of all the i7 s. The 975 is not cost effective when compared to the other i7 s.

Sorry, I disagree with Kim and Ricky (Above).

Yes, the motherboard has 3 channels (tripple channel) but has 6 slots. That means you can have 6 units on the motherboard.

The memory you have chosen, I would not go for myself if you were doing that build. That memory does not take advantage of the new tripple channel.

Being that that memory has tripple channel, I would buy memory in 3's not pairs.

I recommend getting a 2 x Tripple channel packs.

Maybe something like this:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prod...

The motherboard has 6 memory slots on it (you probably read Triple Channel meaning 3 sets of dual channel ram).

Yes all those parts will work together and would be expensive and badass.

i am not understand your Question you want to buy the system or what i didn't get your question