Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Pie for breakfast....... totally unhealthy?

Okay, so I made a chocolate pie over the weekend, but now it's getting soggy so we need to eat it!

If I have a hearty slice for breakfast, it'll be 310 calories with 10 g fat and 4 g saturated fat. I made the pudding with skim milk, so it's not as bad as with regular pudding.

However, my voice of reason is telling me to play it safe with oatmeal and raisins...... what to do, what to do!

• :D
    Favorite Answer

Go with the oatmeal. The pie is pure sugar and won't give you the energy you need to start the day. You'll be lethargic and cranky, and if you start your day with junk food, you might not make the best choices the rest of the day.

If the crust has gotten soggy by dinnertime, you can scoop out the filling and serve it in dishes with crumbled graham crackers and just toss the crust, but at least the filling wont go to waste.

Well, it's not the best choice for a breakfast if you don't want a sugar crash in a few hours. Primarily it is just chocolate and sugar, you realize? You would do better to have the oatmeal and raisins, if you plan to do anything involving your brain this morning. You could always pack a piece for a lunchtime snack, although I wouldn't suggest it be a generous slice. You can also just scoop the pudding part off the crust, which is the only part that is soggy- and eat it for dessert this evening. But breakfast? No, best stick with the oatmeal.

Source(s): nurse
  • ?

Well, no one like to see food wasted, but it isn't nice to force it down your throat either. Either share what is left with whoever you can, or grab a rather small (and I do mean small, not just a millimeter thinner) slice for breakfast for as long as the pie is still good (thought this isn't necessary). Otherwise,

throw it out when it does go bad.