Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Pie for breakfast....... totally unhealthy?

Okay, so I made a chocolate pie over the weekend, but now it's getting soggy so we need to eat it!

If I have a hearty slice for breakfast, it'll be 310 calories with 10 g fat and 4 g saturated fat. I made the pudding with skim milk, so it's not as bad as with regular pudding.

However, my voice of reason is telling me to play it safe with oatmeal and raisins...... what to do, what to do!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • :D
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Go with the oatmeal. The pie is pure sugar and won't give you the energy you need to start the day. You'll be lethargic and cranky, and if you start your day with junk food, you might not make the best choices the rest of the day.

If the crust has gotten soggy by dinnertime, you can scoop out the filling and serve it in dishes with crumbled graham crackers and just toss the crust, but at least the filling wont go to waste.

• 1 decade ago

Well, it's not the best choice for a breakfast if you don't want a sugar crash in a few hours. Primarily it is just chocolate and sugar, you realize? You would do better to have the oatmeal and raisins, if you plan to do anything involving your brain this morning. You could always pack a piece for a lunchtime snack, although I wouldn't suggest it be a generous slice. You can also just scoop the pudding part off the crust, which is the only part that is soggy- and eat it for dessert this evening. But breakfast? No, best stick with the oatmeal.

Source(s): nurse
  • ?
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Well, no one like to see food wasted, but it isn't nice to force it down your throat either. Either share what is left with whoever you can, or grab a rather small (and I do mean small, not just a millimeter thinner) slice for breakfast for as long as the pie is still good (thought this isn't necessary). Otherwise,

throw it out when it does go bad.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.