can you have faith without obedience to the Laws of God?

regardless of whom you think you are:

the chosen peoples, saved by Jesus, you are NOT saved except by both:

faith and obedience.

1 Chronicles 21:19

So David went up in obedience to the word that Gad had spoken in the name of the LORD.

=

Acts 21:24

Take these men, join in their purification rites and pay their expenses, so that they can have their heads shaved. Then everybody will know there is no truth in these reports about you, but that you yourself are living in obedience to the law.

=

Holy Quran4:

69. All who obey Allah and the apostle are in the company of those on whom is the Grace of Allah,- of the prophets (who teach), the sincere (lovers of Truth), the witnesses (who testify), and the Righteous (who do good): Ah! what a beautiful fellowship!

Update:

Mark10:

17As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him. "Good teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"

18"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good—except God alone. 19You know the commandments: 'Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false testimony, do not defraud, honor your father and mother.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

having faith is not the same as recognizing God as God. Having faith comes from the heart and when it comes from the heart the desire to do the commandments that Jesus gave us,love God above all others and second to love your neighbor as you love yourself, will open your heart to desire to obey the other commandments. We live in obedience to Jesus and not the laws of the old testament.We will never be sinless as our Lord but we strive to be.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Absolutely not Bruce. Jesus requires Obedience to his Commandments. The Commandments are a transcript of God's character. God is the Author of his Holy Law(Exodus 31:18). His Law is a Revelation of God's will to mankind. To alter the Law would be akin to Changing God. The Bible says "I am the Lord thy God, I change not." God Holy Law is immutable. Man does not have the power to alter God's words in any way. We are obligated by God to keep his Commandments. The Law of God is Holy, Just and Good(Romans 7:12). The Law of God is both Eternal and Universal and it has been established forever(Romans 3:31). Jesus said that he did not come to destroy the Law(Matthew 5:17-18). Jesus magnified the Law. He raised the High Moral Standard of the Law when he lived among men. Those who receive Christ into their Heart and keep his Commandments will live forever when Christ returns the Second time. Special Note: 1 John 2:4 1 John 5:3 Revelation 12:17 Revelation 14:12 Revelation 22:14

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nice! Todays christians have this "we can do whatever we want and Jesus is going to forgive us thing" It's nice to hear that I'm not the only one who read the part about " all those who overcome, will I give to eat of the tree of life." Jesus forgives our past sins , after we quit them. You're last line was even specific enough to point out that we must obey the laws given through Moses. They are included in love, so how could we say we live in love , yet don't do these things? God Bless you

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Many were called, few were chosen, Many prefer to have their ears "tickeld" and will shut out the Truth, Many will cry Lord Lord but He will know them NOT, Many shall be decieved, you mentioned the 10 Commandments, you failed to mention God's Holy Sabbath which is the 7th day (Saturday) as opposed to Many's pagan day of worship sun day, this is one of the very important "signs" between Jesus and His children, very important, Jesus says "if you Love Me, keep My Commandments" God Bless

Source(s): not PeRfeCt/Just Forgiven SDA former catholic
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well, MS:

Faith without works is dead because it is Christ in you that gives you the good works.

1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

More on how one is saved at http://abiblecode.com

Ben Yeshua

Source(s): BTW: When someone professes to believe and thinks they are saved while sinning, it's called PRESUMPTION, a very dangerous state.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Faith equals good deeds.

• How can those who are truly faithful to God not obey God's will?

• Moi
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

No. Our works are our faiths made visible to spread God's glory. Paul makes this abundantly clear in his epistles. And James.

• 1 decade ago

The two go together

If we truly believe in God, we will naturally want to obey His Holy laws to please Him.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You answered your own question with a rant. FAIL.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.