Why do I constantly shake?

I shake constantly, and I have no idea why, it just happens at any given time it seems. I've also always been shaky ever since a was around the age of 4 or 5. And recently people have been constantly asking me why I shake so much. Any help?

I shake constantly, and I have no idea why, it just happens at any given time it seems. I've also always been shaky ever since a was around the age of 4 or 5. And recently people have been constantly asking me why I shake so much. Oh, and I'm 13 years of age,and I'm not skinny or overweight. Around average.

Favorite Answer

There are many reasons why you are shaking and we cannot make a right diagnoses here, unless you visit a doctor, as he is able to see how much of that shaking is happening. Maybe it's nothing else but normal trembling that we all have. Maybe it is something more...

If we would presume that it is, all I can guess at this point are these things:

- anxiety (it can cause you shake a bit over the normal...as adrenalin kicks in, due to excitement, sadness, happiness, nervousness etc.)

- essential tremors (movement disorder that runs in the family and cases your body - specially hands to shake all the time till some extent, but it can get worse during stress, happiness etc.)

- Parkinson's disease (shaking happens mostly while at rest)

- Thyroid (one of the symptoms are shaky hands)

- diabetes (one of the symptoms is trembling from time to time...specially when hungry)

And these are some of the most common things....there are of course more of those who have shaking as a side effect.

The best would be, if u notice that it's too much of shaking going on, to visit your doctor and he will tell you if it's something serious.

From what you explained it looks to me like Essential tremors...movement disorder that runs in the family and causes shaking of the body..most common in arms and hands.Trembling gets worse if you are under stress, or excited or happy, nervous etc.The more someone is trying to stop it, the more he/she shakes.

It's hard to put a "diagnoses" here over forum, as nobody could see how much you are shaking, in what pattern etc. and there are MANY problems/disorders that have shaking as side effect, so unless you go to the doctor and do some tests, it's not possible to know what you suffer from. I can only guess here on what it reminds me, but main thing would be said by the doctor of course.

Read about Essential tremors over internet, see how it appears and try to compare it. Do NOT try to medicate yourself, this is something ONLY doctors can advice you about.

However, for me it looks like ET.

Maybe you can check this site, related to people who suffer from movement disorders (among which you can find ET forum) and you could talk to them...see what they say....

www.wemove.com

I hope this helps! Greetings!

• haider

Shaking Constantly

I don't know how old you are (if your a teen or maybe older or like 65+) but maybe you have parkinson's. You could maybe have other things like that.

You may be underweight even if your bmi doesnt say so

???????????????????????????

im sorry, could you go into more detail?