Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Is there any chance the Rams fire Spagnolo as coach?

I know the Rams didnt expect much this year but dang... they look terrible and there are going to be some good old coaches available like Cowher.

Favorite Answer

Bill Cowher would be a great choice. Being a life long Steelers fan, I think he can give energy to any team. The Rams have been hit hard by injuries at the wide receiver position and at QB this year. The elite teams in the league now have fantastic QB's. Big Ben, Carson Palmer, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Breese, Kurt Warner, Phillip Rivers etc. It seems that the NFL has become a QB driven league. If you have a top notch QB you have a playoff team. I'm not sure if Mark Bulger is that guy any more. The Rams are on pace to have a top five pick this year in the draft. If I was the GM, I would draft Tony Pike he's a 6'6" QB from the University of Cincinnati. I would then trade Jackson and Bulger for draft picks. There are just too many holes on the Rams right now. They need help at just about every position. Tear it down and start over. It may take three years for them to be a playoff team, but I think they have to do it. I think I would give Spagnolo two more years and see how it goes. I would also hire Charlie Weis as offensive coordinator.

Well, of course they look terrible. Spagnuolo didn't assemble everyone on that team yet. Let him bring in his players and get his system to work, then determine if he's a quality Head Coach. I think he has that team in the right direction though. He's tough, has energy, and is very intelligent on the defensive side of the ball.

• ?

The Rams are terrible because of the talent they have.They won't fire Spagnolo

• Balls

Of course not. They've got to give a coach more time than that. Especially with them being such a terrible team. The best coach of all-time couldn't turn them around that quickly.

• Right, but convential wisdom would tell you Cowher isn't goingto take the Rams job

Source(s): NFL fan for 23 years

I don't care who they fire, but if Rams win super bowl I will date u. Lol

Maybe

nope! he will get one more chance in 2010

how long has been there?

what's his overall record?

Those will be factors to determine if he keeps his job or not.