David asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

When I upload a .pptx (powerpoint) file to my hospital website, why can't others see/download it?

I'm trying to make my presentations accessible to other physicians, but it's like the computers don't even recognize PPTX files. If you click on the link, it says that "the page cannot be found." When I convert these to PDF, or if they're saved in an older version of powerpoint, there's no problem accessing them. Some of these involve complicated links, entrances, and exits (like my Family Feud game and Jeopardy game) and I lose all of this when I convert to PDF.

• Paula
    Favorite Answer

Why not convert your .pptx file to flash video? You know, flash video is a welcome to the Web. Tool you need: Moyea PPT4Web Converter, free download at http://www.dvd-ppt-slideshow.com/ppt_to_dvd/

The software won't lead to any loss of the animations or sound inserted.

Hope it helps!

The NHS only use Microsoft Office 1997 - 2003, so you are going to lose all the refinements of PPTX 2007.

I think the only solution for you is to convert your PPTX to Video; save as WMV and then your colleages can have a copy and you will be able to upload it to your website. This way you won't lose any animation, builds, transitions, etc.

I use PPTX to YouTube/Video and it's excellent. In the past, I have uploaded to YouTube and embedded videos on my website.

Source(s): MCAS PowerPoint 2007 www.wondershare.com

Make sure you SAVE the file as a Powerpoint SHOW v. normal PPT extension. Then your links and will be activates and your PDF version won't mess up your links either.

Source(s): Just did it using Office 2007

Your web host or file server may be misconfigured. Try compressing the file into a .zip file before distributing it.

try right click>save as... on the link to the file