Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 decade ago

English Project, Mythology allusions.?

I have to do an english project on mythology. I have to come up with 5 allusions related to mythology, or example: an ad on repair is called Atlas Company because in mythology Atlas carried the world on his shoulders. (so to help out...) it has to be somthing real, a real ad or even a product for example : Venus razors. Venus? because she waa the goddess of Beauty. I have to find 5 more like that so if you can please help out that would be great, thanks.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Found these, hope some are useful :)

EXCERPTS FROM http://thanasis.com >>>

Aegis - Zeus and Athena's protective shield; modern group of insurance companies (The Aegis Group).

Ajax - Greek warrior in the Trojan War, who "cleaned up" in battle; popular household cleanser.

Apollo - God of music; Apollo Theater is a famous music hall in New York city.

Argus - Giant watchman with a hundred eyes; Argus Security is a modern security company, specializing in commercial business protection.

Atlas - Was doomed to support the heavens on his shoulders; a modern moving company (Atlas Van Lines); also, Atlas Travel is a popular name for travel agencies all over the globe.

Charon - Boatman who ferries the souls of the dead to the Underworld; www.charon.com, a company "offering solutions for a connected world."

Medusa - Terrible monster whose glance would petrify you, killed by the hero Perseus; Medusa Cement Company sells cement products worldwide.

Minerva - Roman name for Athena, who gifted the olive tree to humans; Minerva Oil Company is an international exporter of fine food products.

Nike - Winged goddess of Victory, who can run and fly at great speeds; a famous company that sells...well...if you haven't heard of the company Nike, welcome to our planet...:)

Pandora - The first woman in Greek mythology, whose name means "all-gifted"; Pandora's Gift Boutique sells quality gift merchandise.

Poseidon - God of the Sea and brother of Zeus; Poseidon Travel is a common travel agency name; Poseidon Seafood is a national brand of seafood products. Neptune, the Roman version, is often also used by companies, as in Neptune Fresh Lobster Co.

Vulcan - Roman name for Hephaestus, god of the smiths and the forge; Vulcan Industries is an international manufacturer of steel products.

• 3 years ago

There are easily many different dialects and accents in the two the united kingdom and the U. S. with countless variations, eg northern England they roll their 'r's and have an extremely reliable accessory. The British english this is taught, is the 'recieved pronunciation' at the same time as the U. S. accessory is the 'mid-atlantic' accessory. yet the two are at the same time intelligible, i understand because of the fact I communicate New Zealand english, yet I have no challenge understand-how the two. The British 'recieved pronunciation' oftentimes sounds greater subtle. often interior the U. S. different than some colloquilisms and slang, they spell some words in a different way. eg interior the U. S. 'programme' is spelt 'software' whether it truly is not something too substantial. whether this is a reliable concept to familiarise your self with the two styles of english.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.