Do you think parents should be able to force their minor daughter to go onto birth control?

I saw a question earlier about teenage sex and my mind started wandering (it does that a lot). You hear about parents having their teen daughters come to them to take them to the doctor to get on birth control and some do it so their daughter doesn't get pregnant. Then you have parents who won't do it... show more I saw a question earlier about teenage sex and my mind started wandering (it does that a lot).

You hear about parents having their teen daughters come to them to take them to the doctor to get on birth control and some do it so their daughter doesn't get pregnant. Then you have parents who won't do it because they don't want to condone minors having sex. But what if a parent wanted their daughter on birth control just in case they had sex?

On one hand, we for the most part allow girls control over their bodies. It's not like we put teenage girls in jail for having sex, and if they get pregnant, they can decide if they're going to have an abortion, put the baby up for adoption, or keep the baby. Granted, they may have to go to a judge for permission for the first if their parents say "no," or go to another state, but they have choices. If the parents don't want another baby in the house they just can't refuse to support their minor daughters anymore, right?

I personally wouldn't force my daughter onto birth control, but I could see the argument for a parent to want their daughter on Implanon or the shot. But I sure as heck wouldn't have wanted forced onto birth control. Minors can even get hormonal birth control without parental permission.

Opinions? Insights? Rants?
Update: Ok, so I guess the UK has already proposed this?

http://www.parentdish.com/2008/02/20/would-you-sterilize-your-teenage-daughter/58

Ugh.