125cc bike, 16 years old, cbt only, when can i carry a passenger?

Hi, ive been riding a scooter scine i was 16 and now im 17 im planning on getting i 125cc bike, when will i be able to carry a passenger?

ive only took a cbt and i know i can go straight on a 125 when im 17 with just a cbt will i be able to carry a passenger too or do i need to complete the motorbike test? thankyou x

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi there yes now your 17 you can ride a 125cc scooter or geared normal motorbike on a cbt with L plates but you cant carry a passenger knows as a pillion passenger until you have taken your full bike license, until this time im afraid you have to still have L plates on your scooter, and retake your CBT every 3 years, which i know seems silly just one of those stupid laws the government has never got round to sorting out! i hope this helps. Safe riding!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

The only way you can legally carry a passenger (or 'pillion' as it's also known) is to do your motorcycle test. Once you've done your test, you can remove your L plates, carry passengers and ride on motorways. So the only difference between 16 and 17 is the size of bike you can ride.

• 1 decade ago

You need to do a full bike test to be able to carry a passenger. A 125 is a terrible bike to carry a passenger on anyway so if it is important that you do best to pass the test and get a bigger bike.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.