Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 decade ago

Does anybody else love this name?

Elizabeth? I always have. People say its to old fashioned and plain, but it always has been one of my favorites. Everybody says they would rather use more "unique and trendy names now" like Kaylee. I don't think Elizabeth is as common as people say. Anybody else love it to? or is it just me?

I also like:

Kaitlyn

Sophia

jennifer

• prolly
    Favorite Answer

Yes, I love the name Elizabeth.

I like the name Sophia as well. Sophia Elizabeth or Elizabeth Sophia -- sounds nice together both ways.

Kaitlyn and Jennifer are nice names also.

Elizabeth is a fav name of mine too, also really like the name Jennifer. I prefer Sophie and Kate rather than Sophia and Kaitlyn, but they are all nice names. Unique and trendy is not always best, nothing wrong with good old fashioned names.

I'm right here with ya! I absolutely adore the name Elizabeth. It's simply elegant. To me, the name seems like it would age wonderfully! I could picture a 2 year old with this name, and a 50 year old with this name! If people choose to go by a nickname, there are so many options,and I love that(though I prefer "Elizabeth" as opposed to the nicknames) I know tons of people that do say they prefer the more "trendy" Kaylee or other names..... to me, they just don't compare to the elegance of Elizabeth. To me, a name like Kaylee is adorable for a younger child, but I can't picture it aging as well as Elizabeth does.

I love your other favorites too. I really like Kaitlyn! My niece's name is Kaitlyn, it's an adorable name, that,again... ages well! Of course I absolutely adore Sophia, as that is my daughters name :) Jennifer is very nice too, though not my favorite.

:)

Elizabeth is one of my favorite girl names. I have 3 daughters and never used it because it is my cousin's name. I don't necessarily get along well with her plus she named her first daughter Elizabeth, too. My cousin goes by Beth and her daughter is called Elizabeth or Libby. I have also always loved the name Sarah despite it's popularity. It was not an option for us, though, because my husband's step-grandma was Sarah. Both she as well as the "real" grandma were alive when our older 2 girls were born. There was a great deal of family drama with the grandmas and it just wasn't worth it to seem like we were naming our daughter after the step-grandma (even though it wasn't true) without hurting his grandma's feelings. Actually, if I could choose my favorite girl name it would be Sarah Elizabeth.

I love the name Elizabeth. I love names that are older and not used much anymore. I don't think Elizabeth is plain, it is a beautiful, strong, feminine name and any girl who is named Elizabeth should be proud. I don't like "trendy" names, they are, well - trendy and I just don't like it. Especially Kaylee. I think Sophia is really nice too.

I definitely think Elizabeth is a better name then some crazy names that people are coming up with these days, I like the name. I think my favorite one is Sophia though, I think its so cute.

I love the name Elizabeth! I don't like Jennifer or Kaitlyn but Sophia is a beautiful name.

I love the name Elizabeth!

• I love kaylee u should stick with that but sophia is like african and so super commmon So I would go with kaitlyn because alot of people have the now jennifer now I personally like the name Christen and Becca because it's traditional not that common and all american.

Source(s): Love to go through name books.! my sisters second child

I love Elizabeth and Jennifer also - hate the names Kaitlyn and Sophia though - sorry.