My parents want to sponsor my friend for a work visa. How would they do this?

My parents want to sponsor my friend for a work visa. How would they do this? I looked it up on the USA immigration website but couldn't find anything about sponsoring someone. just obtaining a sponsor.

to elaborate, realized i forgot this, just for the summer season so specifically a hb2 work visa. my parents offered to do this if he does not get into camp america again this year but said i have to get the information on this for them.

• MadMan
    Favorite Answer

It will be both difficult and expensive. This is why only large companies do this. Your parents will have to get an immigration lawyer as this cannot be done without one. In short, they will need to prove that there are no Americans able to do what he does, which will not be easy given that there is high unemployment in the US.

• Fred S

Go back to the CIS website or any other website that might help and look up the form I-140. Download the instructions for an I-140. It's remarkable what one can learn from the instructions on the various immigration forms. It's a lot easier than the law books.

If they are the owner of a substantial business in a professional area ..of business and cannot get any additional employees in the US ...then they can apply for a visa for a foreigner ...legal fees will be around $5k-10K