Is this the real Truth about drugs like marijuana,speed,lsd,heroine,co... etc.?

Before going into high school the first time my grandfather told me about them druggies who go there and who are using drugs and told me to stay away from them. He told me if i got involved in drugs it would ruin my life or i would be living on the streets. He told me i would kill,rob banks, steal purses to get... show more Before going into high school the first time my grandfather told me about them druggies who go there and who are using drugs and told me to stay away from them. He told me if i got involved in drugs it would ruin my life or i would be living on the streets. He told me i would kill,rob banks, steal purses to get money for drugs. He used michael jackson and elvis Presley as an example who used drugs and look how successful they were and look where they ended up dead! I know how addictive methamphetamine,crack cocaine,and heroin is cause i seen the show intervention. They also say marijuana is a gateway drugs and i believe it. I seen my friends start with pot and start smoking laced weed. They do speed now,lsd, and take prescription drugs and i know a few who snorted coke before. Now i know some users who smoke weed will say it is not a gateway drug cause youdidn'tt go onto other drugs. Now probably not every marijuana user is gonna use other drugs. but i come tot he point where if you use speed,lsd and those drugs now you willmostt likely come tot he point of being adrugg addict who is addicted to thosedrugss or coke or heroine. A police officer told me marijuana is addictive and told me howbunchh of people whosmokedd weed in college flunked out cause they were unmotivated and addicted to it to try in college. But so many people especially online told me it enhances yourLifee it makes you motivated. I might see how adult users could livesuccessfullyy but i believe all those above the influence commericlas about it are targeted to teens to keep them away from drugs. They also say marijuana will make your grades drop but people online say it makes your grades better. Now i believe people are telling me bull **** now about weed and drugs now that the druggies said that or are the druggies lieing to me. Even people who do not use tell me weed is harmless. People online also tell me people are able to use heroin and coke once in awhile and nbecomeoem addicted and live good lives. I thought pot and other drugs would ruin your life in the long run but all these other people say about weed is enhancesces your life and makes it better. I thought weed wimakemke you screw up. It says it makes your grades better. Do they lie to people about this stuff all the time. What is the truth about all the drugiies and police officer and my family are telling me. Who is telling me the truth.
Update: The police man also told me how a man got addicted to heroin through laced weed and told me how a person died from heroine from shooting it up in a 30 second decision whether to do heroine.
Update 2: sorry i do not think i made that last sentence clear enough. So who is telling me the truth the drug users or my family,teachers and cops