Vince Young and the Titans Ressurgence speak to Keri Collins as a bad QB, or simply to Vince Young Being good?

Update:

Lil Tsunami...

Correct me if im wrong, but didnt chris johnson lead the league in rushing when Collins was the QB too? and alot of the losses they had were by less than a TD, so their Defense was always playing good to real good...only difference i see is at QB.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Neither, or both ( if that makes any sense )

Its been a definite change of pace for that offense which (at this point ) :

1) has teams still trying to figure out how to adjust

and

2) as a result , has the team playing with confidence.

VY is an exciting player but not as good as this 'turnaround' would indicate

They are a very scary team to play right now and I'd love to see what they will do if they make the playoffs

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Both.

Sitting on the bench did Vince Young a world of good, and he realized that he needed to perform at the level of a first round draft pick if he wanted to be a QB in this league.

Kerry Collins is what he always has been - an adequate backup QB who can perform when he is not expected to be "the man." And although he was the man last year, he was in the last year of his contract (which in itself always seems to make players perform better), and there was still the "shadow," as it were, of the first round draft pick (Vince Young) over him. So probably in his mind he was not really "the man."

Because if they are ANY good, first round draft choices DO NOT sit on the bench indefinitely.

However, when they gave Kerry Collins a two-year contract, all of a sudden it became obvious that Collins was going to be the man - at least for this year.

It is when you are under true pressure that your true colors show, and the pressure not only brought out of him the type of QB that Kerry Collins has always been, it brought out in Vince Young the type of QB that he can be, too. This is just the beginning.

But maybe the Titans knew that, too, and ARE getting a return on their investment; although they invested those dollars in Kerry Collins, their REAL intent was to get the return out of Vince Young.

Which they have.

• 1 decade ago

Numbers wise vince young is below average but all that matters is wins. Personally i don't think VY has had a lot to do with CJ carrying the team but as always the qb is going to get credit for a win. As long as the titans win he will be seen as a good qb.

• 1 decade ago

no one EVER thought Collins was a good QB, just composed enough to not make mistakes to give the game away as a dominant defense and running game carried the team.

is VY good? he's shown flashes of it, but he still has a lot to learn. If he can keep his composure he'll be a much better QB than Collins ever was given time though.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Vince Young is not the only reason the Titans are winning.They now have a great running game and their defense is much improved!Collins would be just as good if the running game and defense was playing like they are now.

• Luke
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

It's funny because last year, as soon as they took Young out and put Collins in, they did extremely well.

But now, this year, as soon as they take Collins out and put Young in, they win 5 straight.

• 1 decade ago

Vince YOung is 5-0 as of now this year...Kerry Collins is 0-6....I'd say VY is better than Kerry by far.

• just a change that created a spark, plain and simple..i wouldnt call collins bad (he did get them to 13-3 last year) and i wouldnt call VY good--he still lost alot of games remember??

• Rob B
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Maybe it has to do more with their running game getting going and returning some injured defensive players.

As someone else pointed out, the roles were reversed last year.

• 1 decade ago

when a qb says, "I dont have the heart to play"...I write him off. (collins a few yrs ago)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.