My 17 year old has been taking 50mg of zoloft for several years does it loose it's effectiveness?

we have tried many different medications and combination of medicine and nothing seems to help. she rarely seems happy and finds school a horrible place to me socially.
Update: my daughter has had a rough life and has had to deal with extreme emotional (anxiety disorder) since she was about 6 years old that was first treated by couseling which she refused(wouldn't talk) to participate in. medication was a last resort in helping her and it has made it so my child with a 140 i.q. could... show more my daughter has had a rough life and has had to deal with extreme emotional (anxiety disorder) since she was about 6 years old that was first treated by couseling which she refused(wouldn't talk) to participate in. medication was a last resort in helping her and it has made it so my child with a 140 i.q. could remain in a regular classroom. i do understand how difficult it is to be a teenagers because i live it with it. so if anyone has a magical wand or has some honest suggestions please share them with me. i have tried almost everything i can think of to help her and i am willing to hear all suggestions.