7mm mag, .308, or any other long range (300-400 yard shot) gun for deer hunting? which one?

I have a few open fields to hunt in but for the most part the bucks are staying away until dusk (naturally they are great and elusive creatures lol) but anyways I need a gun that will knock down a deer with 1 bullet from 300-400 yards and not run half a mile etc... I live in tennessee, and bullet price... show more I have a few open fields to hunt in but for the most part the bucks are staying away until dusk (naturally they are great and elusive creatures lol) but anyways I need a gun that will knock down a deer with 1 bullet from 300-400 yards and not run half a mile etc...

I live in tennessee, and bullet price doesn't matter I just would like some outside input on which gun would suit me best...the 7mm Remington 700 Mag, marlin .308 xlr i think, or any other comperable gun such as .300 winmag (not leaning towards this one though) I just need a flat shooting gun with minimal drop, I currently have a marlin 30-30 and marlin .17 hmr in the gun case

Thanks ( all suggestions appreciated) oh and what load sizes on the bullets and scope if possible, just not a scope thats more than the gun though, could be a package deal like walmart or marlin has