i got bashed on the weekend?

on the weekend i went to my friends place and some random guy punched me in my face for no reason at all he knocked out my front tooth and split my lip open anyways im 21 and his in his 30s and i hear his a boxer or personal trainer anyways i dont want to have to go to court and stuff so is there another way to press charges without me having to go to court i live in melbourne australia btw

nothing fishy about it its my friends-friends partner i mean i didnt say anything to him i just hear his a crazy person and im scared to take him to court because everyone is like oh he knows people he will get u and all this crap now im like what should i do

Favorite Answer

Make sure there are a lot of pictures taken. In the US, the state will charge the defendant with the crime (hence the term 'People v. John Smith), and you may not have to do anything. But in all likelihood they will want you to testify.

To be honest with you, I am not familiar with the laws that are there in Melbourne, but what I do know is that you can't allow yourself to be hurt like that & let him get away with it. You must report him, regardless if he is a a boxer, personal trainer or a ballet and jump rope coach! He has no right! So I am sure if you want to keep your safety, you can file charges against him! ANd another thing, you were at a friends place (Who may have been possibly gay) and the guy who puched you was there as well, well something tells me that the puncher may have hate within himself, simply from who he really want to be and he takes it out on other people who are open with themselves. So check out your laws and rights and be careful, because if there is one closeted angry man, there are thousands of others who love to bash as well!.. BASHERS ARE UNDERCOVER GAYS!!! ANd that is the truth!

Source(s): Personal friends experiences

my mom went through this and still is. You may want to go to court. If you get a good lawyer who specializes in these types of things they do most of the work for you as long as you keep going to see a doctor and getting checked up. For all the pain and anguish you will be going through they get sued for that.

there is no way to charge a person with a crime without testifying.if people could do that there would be a lot of liars charging people with no proof. You charge a person you must go into court and prove that they did what they are accused of.

whether you like it or not this instance could be classified as a criminal and civil offence...criminal in that it is physical violence which is grevious bodily harm and a form of assault, and civil in that you could sue him to seek compensation for the injuries sustained. If you sue him in a civil manner, well you can avoid going to court all together if he settles in a negotiation, otherwise regretably you have to go to court...you should get in touch with a lawyer and ask for advice

Source(s): queenslander...did legal studies for two years...although the laws can be different, the general gist of it is the same

Press charges is exactly what you should do! Sue the crap out of the homophobic prick and get him to pay for your medical bills!

You have nothing to gain by being nice to him. He'll come back. If you have witnesses sue him and have him do jail time. It's really irresponsible not to. Around here he could vanish for the same price as two visits to a lawyer.

• Hildo

Um yeah, you got to tell the police. It's a responsibility you have to every other gay person as well as yourself. Unless you know someone in the local Yakuza.

some random guy? At your friends place? Obviously your friend must have known him? Sounds fishy.

• Ben

Call the cops.