hellodarling asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Help on inserting tampon!?

Hi.

this is my first time using a tampon and have trouble inserting it.

when i try to insert it the tampon only goes 1/2 way in. then its stuck. if i try to push it in more it hurts really bad like a sharp pain.

am i getting the angle wrong or something because i know you have to insert it in a 45 degree angle. any opinions please!!!!!

• Lil D
    Favorite Answer

It best time to start learning how to use tampons is on one of your heavy flow days. This way there enough blood from lube and easier time sliding in.

Next use the lightest, thinnest tampons you have. Playtex has a thin applicator that's prefect for first time users. Use these until you feel comfortable putting in tampons.

Then find a comfortable position to put the tampon in. Some prefer sitting with their legs apart, placing their foot on the seat, or some even squat.

Then.. Relax!! This is the biggest mistake first time uses make is they are too tense thus the vaginal muscles tighten making it hard to insert the tampon. Take a few deep breaths and imagine some place that makes you happy. Try placing a little bit of water base lube (Like KY Jelly) on the tip of the tampon and down the applicator to help with insertion.

Slide just the tip in and start to angle it towards your lower back. Now slide the rest of the applicator into your body till your fingers touch your body. Slide the inner applicator into the outer applicator and there you go. What I normally have to do is slide the little bit of the tampon that is sticking out, into my body and move it around a little, till its comfortable for me.

• Sigrid

It is possible--it happens all the time (especially if you use those really small tampons.) Straddle the toilet like you are going to the bathroom and push. If there is one already in there you should be able to feel it or the string while doing this. Don't panic. Just push and feel around to pull it out. If nothing is in there, the reason you have resistance is that you may be tensing up. Try to relax or lie down while trying to insert one. Every woman has had the experience of getting a tampon in side ways. Don't panic. Relax. Or try a pad.

Okay first of all you may want to look at a diagram on how to insert it, (the tampon box should have come with a diagram in it.) I normally use tampons with a silky cover to help it slide in, if you just have a regular tampon try putting something on it that will help lubricate it, I use coco butter or vasaline. Also if its your first time make sure you have the smallest tampons possible because the bigger they are the harder it will be.

• MarieS

Oh I remember doing this. It is awkward at first, but you will get the hang of it. Sometimes if you are not flowing enough, it is difficult to insert. So wait until you are really starting to flow. Spread open your labia and insert it. It should go in easily. If it doesn't, you are just not wet enough from the flow. I remember I took a whole box of tampons into the bathroom with me...determined to do it. I did and never went back to yucky pads. Oh, and use the slim when you first start and graduate up as you need them.

Yes i suggest to finger yourself first to loosen it up then put one foot on the toilet ant insert it also either lubricate it or wait till uhave more if a flow

Your tampon may just be the wrong absorbency. Try down-grading one size.

you are prob. not at the right angle. you should try laying down when inserting it or putting on leg up on the toilet. check out this website...

It hurts the first time. Try putting your finger in or something smaller first to kind of loosen your vagina.

try a differnet size of tampon or you could sit a differeent way .

I answered this question not too long ago, when someone else asked it. Here's the link to the question... take a look at my answer (the best answer), as well as the other answers. I hope they help you out.

http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Av...