Rose
Rose asked in Arts & HumanitiesTheater & Acting · 1 decade ago

Good Audition Song for Cosette from Les Miserables?

Hi, I'll be 17 when I audition for this role and I have a soprano voice and a 3 1/2 octave range. (D below Middle C to E or F above high C.) Any good suggestions for songs that would be good for the character and voice quality of Cosette? Thanks!

• Jess
    Favorite Answer

Les Mierables is influenced by opera, so anything that can show off your legit voice would be great. And most legit songs (early era) are written for the ingenue, like Cosette. Sing a song that will reflect her innocence. But I'd avoid Phantom--it's too operatic and too overdone. I strongly suggest singing a ballad, because Les Mis is Ballad Heaven. Check out the repertoire of Shirley Jones and Julie Andrews. I'm a Soprano myself, (6 octaves, baby!) these are from my own repertoire:

A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes - Cinderella (No one ever does the simple classics anymore. But this song is not as easy as it sounds, difficult intervals.)

Before I Gaze At You Again - Camelot

I Have Dreamed - The King and I

If I Loved You - Carousel

Out Of My Dreams - Oklahoma!

This Can't Be Love - Boys from Syracuse

Till There Was You - The Music Man

Break a leg!

Source(s): Musical Theatre Enthusiast, Soprano musicaltheatreaudition.com auditionsongsuggestions.com my own repertoire
  • loux

green finch and linnet fowl will teach off your voice whether it could make or ruin you, in case you are able to sing it ideal then you definitely'll appear as if a megastar yet once you sing one notice incorrect people can tell. Love in no way dies is likewise an outstanding decision and that's steadier.