Would these two men be related? James Dorsey Nicholas and Col. George Nicholas?

I know that James Dorsey Nicholas was born Oct. of 1850 in N. Carolina and he married Rebecca Johnson in 1843 in Indiana. At some point they moved to Illinois. They are both buried in Richland county Illinois. James Dorsey died in 1886. They were the parents of 11 or 12 children--one of those was Joseph Jordan... show more I know that James Dorsey Nicholas was born Oct. of 1850 in N. Carolina and he married Rebecca Johnson in 1843 in Indiana. At some point they moved to Illinois. They are both buried in Richland county Illinois. James Dorsey died in 1886. They were the parents of 11 or 12 children--one of those was Joseph Jordan Nicholas, b. Feb 23, 1856 Richland county Il. D. Aug 28,1934 in Olney, Il

Col George Nicholas is known as the father of Ky's state constitution, he was a Revolutionary war veteran and a popular attorney of the 1700's. Nicholasville, Ky was named for him.