What do you think about Jay-Z dissing Jesus Christ on Empire State Of Mind?

Jay Z Disses JESUS on new hit single (EMPIRE STATE OF MIND), listen for your self here's the link, its at 3:05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UjsXo9l6I8

Youtube thumbnail

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

He never dissed.

The line means that the girl he's talking about in the song (who is really innocent & was raped in the previous two lines of the song) is new to the city and does not yet know the evils of the city. He's saying that Jesus can't save you, because outside of the church, people tend to forget what they learned in the church. In other words, people are nice in church, then they leave church & they sin again, so people in the city need to be aware of the evils of the city according to Jay-Z. He didn't diss, he informed.

And he calls himself Hova, of the rap game. He calls himself the best rapper, aka god of rap. Not anything else, just rap.

@ B Rabbit: "Middle finger to the law, ***** grippin' my balls"

• 4 years ago

Middle Finger Jesus

• melva
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

That's a good point

• 1 decade ago

He shouldn't have done that. I think Jay should be more careful next time. He should have known that his verse would be offensive to many people.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Oh sh*t!!!

Can't wait for JC to respond with an ill diss track.

It's gonna be bigger than "Ether", yo!

Source(s): vvvMaybe... Kanye & Jay vs. Gawd & JC.vvv
  • 1 decade ago

Lol Sav, you recon God will back Jesus?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He already dissed God(Jehovah) and now he's moving on to Jesus.Big lip bastard.That's a big no-no!

• 1 decade ago

He dissed the Lord before

"Middle finger to the Lord, n*gga grippin my balls"

EDIT: Actually it could be "Law"

Sorry Y'all

Source(s): Dirt Off Your Shoulder Vvvv I was just reading the lyrics off here http://www.lyricstime.com/jay-z-dirt-off-your-shou... That's what it sounds like too, so idk
  • 4 years ago

Interested in this as well

• JRob
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I don't understand why everyone is so surprised. It's not the first time.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.