Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelOther - Destinations · 1 decade ago

How far away from the bottom of Niagara falls does the Maid of the Mist boat reach?

At Niagara falls on the American side there is the Maid of the Mist boat trip that goes up the river. I am making up a trigonometry maths question and need to know what the distance is from the boat to the bottom of the falls (American falls). I am basing it on the closest possible point the boat gets to the falls.

Any approximations are good too.

Thanks in anticipation.

Favorite Answer

Niagara Falls Tourism ... The Maid of the Mist is about a half hour boat ride to the base of Horseshoe Falls. ... If you want to minimize how wet you get, stand at the back on the bottom level, roll up your pant legs, and tie a knot in the bottom of the poncho so it can't blow around. We had lunch at the Maid of the Mist Restaurant,

they steer clear of the actual waterfall, in fear of capsizing. Having seen it as its closest point, I'd approximate at least 250ft away - they care more for the total view than getting sprayed by the water. Indeed, if you check out the passengers coming off, even though they're wearing honchos they are soaking wet without even having stepped into the water.