would you carry passport at all times in money belt whilst travelling?

i am travelling usa oz new zealnd and se asia. what would you do with your passport. i am travelling on my own. would you keep it in a money belt or leave valuables in locker at a shared hostel dorms.

any suggestions what you have done on your travels with your passport.

• jonal
    Best Answer

A money belt

They don't stick out much. Just wear something loose over it, which is best for travelling anyway.

Millions of people use them even when they're not travelling, all over the world.

I've been to Africa, India, Asia, all over the place, and the one thing that goes with me every time is my good old trusty waterproof money belt which holds cash, cards, passport, tickets and insurance papers and ends up less than half an inch thick.

It even goes in the shower with me...that's why I got a waterproof one.

If you're going into town for a night out the best place for your passport and valuables is in the safe in the hostel

You can get travel pants with pockets along the waist built inside the pants not outside, so they're like pants with a money belt built in.

Have fun travelling.I've stayed in hostels in Europe, South America, Africa, and Asia, and never found a bad one yet.

There's a piccie here of a girl with a wide money belt which looks good, and lots of other belts on the links in the Q. Best way is to have a layer over it though. They really don't show. Advice on how to wear them while sleeping on buses, etc and for everyday stuff.is on a link in here too.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200... . . . . .

Source(s): Backpacker and traveller worldwide

Unless the hostel has something more secure than a locker I would keep my passport on me. Losing a passport can make life pretty difficult but you can help yourself a bit by making a photocopy of the important bits with your photo and personal information on it and keeping that somewhere other than where you keep the passport.

• Rita

No. I was in Turkey last year and never bothered about it and was never asked for it. I did have the details page photocopied in case I lost the passport but never used it. Put it in the safe and keep it there until the end of the holiday.

Best thing to do is to lock it in the safe provided in your hotel room and carry a copy of it around. Make sure only you know the combination of the safe.

Good luck

Leave it in a safe/locker.

• ?

Keep it with you at ALL times.

keep it somewhere close to you, where you will remember where it is.