What's a better first car? Honda Civic, or Honda Crv?

So Im looking to get my first car. I want a Honda Civic, but my mom wants me to have her CRV. What should I get, a civic, or her crv? Thanks..

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Honda CRV is better value!!!!! Honda Civic is a good car though but very low ground clearance makes it vulnerable on some roads...

Aight so here's the deal.

The bottom line is that your lucky she's trying to give you a Honda.

Regardless of which car you pick, you'll have a Honda, and if you treat it well, she will give you many miles.

Of course a civic is an EXCELLENT first car (in my opinion), and I woulda LOVED to have one as my first. But from my experience, if your mom wants to give you her CRV, you can't go wrong with that, and you won't have any payments (I assume you're not taking over (if any)), and you also won't have to save a few grand to buy a civic all while being on foot.

In my honest opinion, I think you should take the CR-V.

In the meantime, if you still wanna drive around a nice lil civic, you can save your money (since I'm assuming you won't be making payments) all while you have a great and dependable car to take you where you need to go.

Conclusively, a civic is a better "first" car, but hey YOU CAN GET A FREE CR-V!! Just take it!!

Chances are, if you save your money, you'll have a better opportunity at buying THE CAR YOU WANT.

Best of luck with your final decision

Source(s): Personal Experience

First Honda Crv

They're both wonderful Hondas. It really boils down to your needs. Do you like going camping? Do you have lots of friends that will be in the car with you? Do you enjoy long road trips? Do you like something "cool" or something "rugged" and SUV-y? If you're looking for space, I'd go with the CRV. If you're looking for something smaller or more compact and with better gas mileage, then go with the Civic. For a first car, those are two great choices so it really comes down to what you hope to do with your vehicle.

Depending on your lifestyle or preference. If your single go for a civic. But if your a family man or have a bigger family, go for crv. Both are good reliable cars. Hope this helps!

Source(s): Car enthusiast-Honda Car owner
  • Sandra

What you could do is take the Civic's B16 vtec head and mount it on the CRV's B20 bottom and now you have CRVtec. It's a good setup I'm sure your daughter would appreciate.

• TPhi

Take whatever is the most affordable and convenient for your parents. It's your first car and you are fortunate to even have the luxury of having your own set of wheels. If your mom wants you to have the CRV, then by all means, take it and say "Thank you, mom, for being generous and I appreciate you and your wisdom." Later on, when you have proved that you are a responsible driver and a responsible, mature person, you can negotiate for a different kind of vehicle . . . . . or wait until you are on your own. So go on and score some major points with your mom! :)

Ascending order is always better go from civic and later on to CRV but if your family is big better go for CRV

if you're getting a car from her just be happy with having wheels to go cool places and don't worry about what your ride looks like so much, honda civics are cool, i own one, but i had no option but to buy it as my first car since my parents needed their cars, so i just say, get the crv and just be happy til you can afford one on your own

no civic is way better crv is like 4 old people and you can hook up a civic more