Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWrestling · 1 decade ago

IYO, who is the bigger legend, Kane or Big Show? Why?

• Favorite Answer

I consider Kane the bigger legend.

I think a user has already proved this for me. When people mention Big Show, there isn't much to be mentioned. People talk about Big Show's championship wins and therefore, view him as a bigger legend than Kane. However, Kane has only won 1 world championship and look at his career. Kane's career hasn't always needed the world championship for it to mean something. Without world championships, I can't view Big Show as anything else except the second Andre The Giant without Andre's charisma. Kane has accomplished more and has done more outside of the world championship and will be remembered for something aside from winning titles. There isn't really anything to remember about The Big Show. He's only hyped as the largest athlete in the world by the WWE. Kane is arguably one of the most successful and popular wrestlers for a man of his size.

Kane debuted as a psychotic monster leaving destruction in his wake. Kane masked and mysterious was one of the most mysterious and interesting characters in WWE history. His past was clouded with fire, destruction, and pain. Kane's gimmick is also one of the most successful gimmicks for a gimmick that is unrealistic. Those who watched Kane during this time will never forget what he did at the time. Kane's feud against The Undertaker is arguably one of the most storied feuds in WWE history. Kane also showed great wrestling ability and athleticism for a man of his size. His psychotic voice and laughter was portrayed extremely well. He showed power, brutality, and he was a man to be feared. He might have only won 1 world championship against Stone Cold, but Kane continued his success in the ring and eventually became the man we know today.

I really admire Kane for what he's recently done in the WWE. For the past several years, he's put over numerous wrestlers ranging from different sizes and talent. Kane isn't the same monster from a decade ago, but he still remains popular and his gimmick is still over with the fans. Even though Kane continues to job and put over talent, he's considered one of WWE's veterans and knowledgeable wrestlers. A normal man's career would have been destroyed by the constant jobbing, but Kane is still viewed as a legend. Kane is still viewed as one of the greatest and interesting characters WWE acquired. Big Show can't claim nearly the same thing. Kane is the better wrestler, more interesting, and his career is still amazing for a career without tons of world championships. I would love to see Kane inducted into the Hall of Fame because he truly deserves it.

• I think Big Show and Kane have pretty close and identical careers. Honestly, I think Kane had a bigger career. I wouldn't say they are big legends. The only difference between the two is that Big Show was out for nearly 2 years. I know it should be more about quality than quantity, but Kane is much more respected than Big Show because he never got a world championship match. Big Show might be a multiple time world champion, but Kane is much better than Big Show. Kane has been in great feuds with Undertaker, Shane McMahon, RVD, X-Pac and many more. I would say Big Show's prime and only good feuds were with Eddie Guerrero, Undertaker, Brock Lesnar and Kurt Angle, other than that, there hasn't been much for the Big Show

EDIT To Edge: Dude, what don't you understand, I know that he got a WWF Championship against Austin in the First Blood Match, but for 1 night and I know he was ECW Champion. It's called sarcasm. Compared to Big Show, Kane hasn't gotten much championship opportunities. Lets look, Kane's last World championship was like what in a Elimination Chamber match the beginning of this year, Big Show just got another shot at the title, oh wait, wasn't Big Show also part of the MAIN EVENT of Wrestlemania, not only that but he was one of the big 4 superstars Smackdown had in 2002-2003. So to the user "Edge", mind your own business. I'm not saying Kane never actually won a World title, I'm saying that Big Show has more opportunities.

Big Show, he's been the next 'Andre The Giant' ever since he started wrestling. It would've been a tough decision to choose who's the bigger legend if Kane had won more and longer world title reign's. But Big Show has won the ECW, WCW and WWE championship.

So i think Big Show is the bigger legend.

Kane , He is a true Legend. He has been loyal for years. He never complains. He is a great WWE Superstar in every way. Great gimmick, great mic skills, awesome in the ring, he has the passion, he seems so natural. He is one of my all time favorites. He puts over younger guys more then any other wrestler. He does care about the business. He's underrated in my opinion, but a lot of us do see how great that man is.

Kane

Big Show. I'd say his world title reigns give him the edge against Kane, because hes had more than one and they've lasted longer than 24hrs.

Edit:

Chicago Made Superstar what are you talking about when you said: "Kane never got a world championship match". He defeated Steve Austin for the WWE/F title in 1998.

Kane because he can do power moves and high risk moves. Also because kane isn't a fat ****.

Kane, he is a better wrestler and more unpredictable!

wow, thats a tough one - but i'd say Big Show.

Big "Fat Boy" Show.

Source(s): Well, it's The Big Show