Why do Disney past stars don't become legitimate hollywood actor stars?

Raven Samone, Hillary Duff, Zac Efron and the whole high school musical cast Shia Labuff (to an extent) How come we don't see them become a legitimate movie star like Mark Waldberg, Will Smith, Morgan Freedman, and others. Are they not consider because they came from the Disney franchise and that leaves a permanent mark in some of the directors eyes that they are not to be taken Seriously? Is it their luck with disney and their past with disney hurts them?Is it they are not actually talented beyond the realms of kids? The ones who remotely made a name from themselves outside of disney was Shia Labuff and I wouldn't consider Transformer a chance to see his real acting but it seems that he is the only one who made it out of the disney franchise and still manage to have a career.

Favorite Answer

You got it, it's partly because cute sassy kids don't necessarily turn in to good looking, talented actors. Also in this day and age, these kids make so much money, they don't need to act after they hit 21. Going back look at Jodie Foster, Kurt Russell etc, both were Disney / Child actors films, as was Hayley Mills etc. They were taught to act properly and had the financial need to continue.

Mark Walberg, Will Smith, and Morgan Freeman worked in Hollywood for many years before becoming stars.

It's tough to make it big in Hollywood. Disney or not, even if you manage to get some name recognition with a TV show, it can be very, very difficult to turn that into a successful career. For these "tween" stars in particular, it can be very, very hard to shake the squeaky clean tween image and get taken seriously as an adult.

Some teen and tween actors who were popular when I was a kid: Devon Sawa. Jonathan Taylor Thomas. Macauley Culkin. Neve Campbell. Claire Danes. Luke Perry. Jason Priestly. Joshua Jackson. Jared Leto. Leonardo DiCaprio. Jennifer Love Hewitt. Freddie Prinze Jr. Tiffany Amber Thiessen.

I could go on. But really, Leo is the only one who has been able to maintain his status. Surely it helped that he happened to star in the most successful movie of all time. I'm guessing you haven't heard of most of the rest - some have managed to have a successful career as a working actor, even if the aren't superstars. The rest have completely dropped off the map. It's much worse for female actors, because once they start to age a bit, the number of possible roles drops tremendously.

Because Disney is for one market which is kids. Thats why everyone attacks Miley Cyrus because she's growing up and she's almost 18 and she's NOT 10 anymore. Disney portrays the image that teens cant make mistakes and blah blah blah. Dont get me wrong I love Disney, How could you not but I see Disney as 15 minutes of fame. You get your show and one mistake your done. That's why I could never work for Disney. I pray that Miley Cyrus escapes from that because I like her but I dont like the Hannah Montana image because it's fake. But Miley Cyrus as a person is honestly pretty cool. I wish all of the Disney Stars the best in life. I would say to anyone who wants to be famous I would prefer Nick because you have a better chance escaping that "Sing and Act Like Your A Tween For The Rest Of Your Life" image.

well the only person that i disagree with is zac efron, he is going to be in some pretty big films. but its because they arent good at acting and afterwards no one takes them seriously.