how does the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society differ from similar organizations?

in terms of mission, services offered, target markets?

in terms of mission, services offered, target markets, etc.?

Favorite Answer

I work for the LLS and I can tell you we provide patient services and fund research for people with blood cancer. I'm also a cancer patient. I have Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. The funds we have acquired in the past 10 years has made for many breakthroughs. For example, we have provided the research grant for Ritoxin, which was what I was treated with during my chemo and helped saved my life. We also funded the research grant for Gleevec, which is what Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is being treated with. Before Gleevec, people with that kind of Leukemia were given a death sentence. But as of 2001, Gleevec has changed that number to a 95% survival rate. We don't exclude cancer patients in our walks like the breast cancer foundation does...we know that every cancer patient deserves hope and support. The breast cancer foundation will only recognize a patient if they have breast cancer. We don't exclude people who only have 11 bucks in their pocket, as compared to a $2500 minimum. We invite everyone to walk in the Light the Night, no matter what kind of cancer you have or your ability to support our foundation. We're going to find a cure.

Source(s): LLS.org

If i decide to understand some non-earnings company and how it makes use of the money it gets, i take advantage of Charity Navigator and handbook celeb to discover the education. And confident, I agree, that's good to understand related to the corporate and how it makes use of the money previously I donate to it.