Pool of Gasoline/Underwater Fire?

A curiosity while at work. Lets say I have a pool of gas about a foot or so deep. If I were to light a fire (with an independent oxygen source that does not give oxygen to the gas) under the water (as in completely submerged/at the bottom), what would happen? I think, because there's not enough oxygen for... show more A curiosity while at work. Lets say I have a pool of gas about a foot or so deep. If I were to light a fire (with an independent oxygen source that does not give oxygen to the gas) under the water (as in completely submerged/at the bottom), what would happen?

I think, because there's not enough oxygen for the gasoline, that a fire will not start/no combustion, only boil the gasoline.

The entire idea is based on the idea that gasoline does not ignite in a liquid form, But I am not %100 on that. Also am not positive on the whole concept of boiling gasoline. The whole thing gets me a little nervous just thinking of it.