can you drink cooking wine?

without cooking it in the oven or is it bad for you

and will it get u drunk

and how bad does it taste?

Favorite Answer

Of course you can. But why ?

Cooking wine came about because the earliest settlers in this country that had servants, didn't want them drinking the wine that would be used for cooking. What they did was to add large amounts of salt to the wine so although not drinkable by itself, would still be good for cooking purposes since they would have used salt in their food anyway.

Source(s): Cooking for over 60 years.

You sure can. I would recommend cooking sherry, but honestly it wouldn't taste all that great. It will get you drunk eventually, depending on the alcohol content. But I mean....why not just drink wine, beer, vodka, scotch, anything OTHER than cooking alcohol.

The answer is yes, although I wouldn't reccommend it. I tried it once and it is very salty and not very good tasting. I did feel a little drunk though, because it does have alcohol in it. Hope this helps!

I tried some once. It was very salty ,so you can drink it but why. Anything that has alcohol can get you drunk ,vanilla extract,mouth wash just to name a few. But if you are that hard up for a drink you need help.

Worst hangover ever, a bottle of Chinese cooking wine mistakingly marked as sake.

Source(s): This was a few years ago - it caused such a migrane that I could not vomit no matter how much I tried. (Because when one is drunk hangovers take awhile to recover from but I know from experience that if you can puke somewhat it won't hurt quite as bad.)

Can U Drink Cooking Wine

• JOHN B

Most of them taste nasty and actually make the food taste nasty. You can get drunk on it.

Drink some mouthwash instead. I seen it on intervention once :)