What kinds of companies would hire a graphic designer?
Please list as many as you can. Example: a board game company
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
Mostly all types of publishing and software companies will go for graphics designing to promote their product. Graphics designer has a tremendous opportunity in all fields. But I suggest u not to expect the company to hire u.
If u know graphics designing then u start working fro any internet companies. If you have a gift for artwork, think about a graphic design career. The graphic design field has many opportunities. To pursue a career in graphic design, you may chose to attend a graphic design school or attend a 2- or 4-year university.
Why Choose Graphic Design?
1. Obtaining a degree in graphic design allows you to select from a variety of professional occupational choices, including creative art directing positions, brand designers, prepress design or website design. Some disciplines include 3D design, special effects film artists or the television and gaming industry. Graphic designers begin earnings with an annual salary of between $40,000 to $70,000. As your portfolio grows, you may see an increase in salary ranging from between $80,000 to $100,000.
Fields of Study
2. As a graphic design student, you will study typography, web site design and layout design. By learning various aspects in your particular discipline, you will be encouraged to expand your creative ability using graphic designing computer labs to develop your own style and techniques. Other drawing, writing and painting classes will enhance your graphic art training. The study of photography will help you explore lighting, color theories and composition. The study of topography will assist you in creating font designs and learning to express mood in graphic art.
3. Many Internet companies and design departments of large corporations employ graphic design graduates. Often, companies hire graphic design artists to create layouts for company logos and design websites or business cards. If your discipline is in 3D design, you can expect to find jobs in video gaming, the film industry or television.
Start Your Own Graphic Design Business
4. Many graphic design artists work exclusively as freelancers. The Internet is one of the fastest growing markets for freelance graphic design. You could get a freelance job designing websites or interfacing Java and Flash designs.
Outlook for Graphic Design
5. Graphic design opportunities continue to grow and the job outlook is bright for this occupation. In 2006, there were roughly 261,000 graphic design jobs in the United States. About 25 percent of graphic design artists are self-employed. Areas where job growth will continue to increase are advertising, publishing and computer design.
Well, Freelancer is providing a good opportunity for graphics designer. Check out this:
Freelancing as a graphic designer can be a challenge when just starting in the market, but with a little hard work it can be profitable. Learn a few steps to get started in becoming a freelance graphic designer.
Research different styles of graphic design. Find your niche in the market before investing in equipment and software. Most graphic designer can do most their work from the soft ware program Photo shop, but some more complicated designs may require other software.
Define your skills in your design niche. If you do not feel you have strong qualities you may want to take time to learn the techniques before starting to find work. The best way to new work is through pleased clients. Allgraphicdesign.com is a website with many resources and temples to learn different styles of graphic design.
Create a design portfolio. If you have not done previous work for hire it is time to create a few projects. You could just create any cool looking design and call it good, but prospective clients like to see that you have worked with others. This may be the best time to talk to friends, relatives, stores you are customers of, and neighbors that own business to create a few designs for them. Most of the time this is done on your own time and no charge is given. However, you do not have to print out the design you can send it to them via the internet. If they would like it to be printed, you just got your first customer. If not you will still get work for your portfolio and good references.
Before advertising your new business get a good idea on how you are going to quote new jobs. You may want to call other small business' in your niche to get a starting of point.
Start advertising services in various methods. This can be done by creating a web page or a blog, buying ad space in publications, get a listing in the phone book, contacting business' personally, or write press releases. Be creative and starting of with free or low cost ways to advertise, and increasing the budget as profits for the new business increases.
If you are looking to find work from home you can start today by clicking the link
Make the best use of it....!!
- Anonymous5 years ago
This Site Might Help You.
What kinds of companies would hire a graphic designer?
Please list as many as you can. Example: a board game companySource(s): kinds companies hire graphic designer: https://shortly.im/W3HCN
- 1 decade ago
Web sites - including Yahoo.
Museums. Art galleries.
Any company that uses extensive advertising on its products - package design, advertisements etc. which includes anything from hi tech to manufacturing.
Your own company which would do just about any kind of work - posters, ads, menus, logos, trademarks. The world is your oyster!
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
definately Disney, i've been to there studios.