promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Is doing photography harder than web design?

Photography might seem simple to do but there's more to it than actually taking pics. With web design you have to learn the languages but i heard it was actually easy. I'm interested in being a flash designer, graphic arts tech, desktop publisher, web content developer, etc. I want to possibly get a certificate in photography or any of these tech jobs so, if you know about these career fields, which ones are easier (no i'm not afraid of "hard work"; i just want to get a quick certificate so i can be employed soon).

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well to me this is apples and oranges. They have no real relation to each other. Since you obviously seem to have more desire for the web design, then I would say that is the way to go. Everyone and their grandmother has a digital camera now and incorrectly thinks of themselves as some kind of "professional photographer". Nothing could be further from the truth, but the fact is that the general public is losing sight of what good photography is more and more everyday and are happy to settle for the typical digital photos.

Web design, on the other hand, is still, and will likely always be, a rather specialized field that will always be in demand. I have not been in the "job market" for web design, but my assumption is that you will have much better luck breaking into the field with this skill than with photography skill.

steve

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • mike
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Photography and web design are equal matched. Each requires sets of skills.

I do Photography, Web Design/Web Programming so call me a Web developer. I have my own ecommerce store I built from scratch and work daily on all those jobs myself and supply customer service. Amazing no, making a living is a whole other story... People do a lot less make a lot more.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

I'm a Web Mastering teacher. We start our students to write html tags using Windows NotePad and Explorer browser to view them. I highly recommend you learn html first before you use a Rapid Application Development (RAD) software. There are lots of very free tutorials and free pdf textbooks out there you can use. The best RAD program out there is DreamWeaver. You just drag components and images to the page. It will cost you about $300.00 but it includes Flash and FireWorks and some other extras.

• 1 decade ago

photo is Wayyy harder.

you have to know a lot of people.

and if you do weddings and stuff you have the pressure of getting things Perfect.

if you mess up you'll be Fudged.

plus its harder to find jobs for both.

PLUS!

if you're as good as you say at web design and graphic stuff.

you should deff do that instead

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.