Low blood sugar levels? Mine was 38 at about 2pm today.?

I will occasionally have low blood sugar although I have not been diagnosed with hypoglycemia. Today I started feeling bad and everything started to go dark, my ears closed up like I was under water. I took my sugar (my mom is diabetic and gave me an extra checker) and it was 38. I have checked online and... show more I will occasionally have low blood sugar although I have not been diagnosed with hypoglycemia. Today I started feeling bad and everything started to go dark, my ears closed up like I was under water. I took my sugar (my mom is diabetic and gave me an extra checker) and it was 38. I have checked online and can't find a chart of what levels should be. This was about 2pm today that it happened. I typically can drink something and it will go back up. I still feel weak from it though and that is not normally how I feel after it gets better. I have been on a no sugar/low carb diet for about 2 years now. My husband thinks I should go to the doctor, but I don't want to have to go just for them to tell me that nothing is wrong and then i'm out 25 bucks. Just wondered what everyone else's experience is with low blood sugar and if 38 is a low number for 2pm.
14 answers 14