Can we issue a 1099-MISC for this?

We had a new out-of-house sales representative begin with our company who lives about an hour away from the corporate office. The CEO of the company wanted me to issue the new sales representative a check from the cash account for the new sales rep's signing bonus right away because he was up in our office... show more We had a new out-of-house sales representative begin with our company who lives about an hour away from the corporate office. The CEO of the company wanted me to issue the new sales representative a check from the cash account for the new sales rep's signing bonus right away because he was up in our office that same day and he just wanted to hand it over to him. This did not leave the option to include it in the following week's payroll that we have done out-of-house as well. I cut the check like the CEO had requested, but is it ok for this income to be reported on a 1099-MISC for the sales representative, or should this be reconciled another way? If so, what's the best possible solution?
4 answers