Water leak under hood, is it the water pump?

The thing is that i have nothing but coolant in my radiator system, and people keep telling me that it's my water pump, but its WATER leaking. and its leaking a little bit.. like then i look under my car, its leaking on the front, right side and its a wet spot everything i park my car over night.. the size of 2 fist held together. so maybe it isn't the water pump? any advice please?

Best Answer

Almost all car get the air conditioner condensation. It is common and won't hurt anything. Are you having any mechanical problems? If not, then I wouldn't worry about it. The most clear indicator that it is your water pump is that the car will heat up and continue to heat until it starts to overheat. That is the biggest indicator that it is the water pump and believe me, you will know if that is what is wrong. The car will stall out and stop running until it cools down.

Source(s): I've had to replace a water pump. Mechanic

you're saying this is leaking, precise? top off the reservoir and turn on the vehicle. Then see the place the vehicle is leaking the coolant out. while you're fortunate this is a broken hose or a loose connection. if this is the top gasket, pull out the dipstick after working the vehicle and verify the oil on the top. regardless of if it incredibly is lighter in colour and frothy or consistent with threat smelling of antifreeze it incredibly is possibly the top gasket. yet another indicator could be stress and discoloration interior the coolant reservoir. be careful checking this because of the fact boiling water under stress isn't a superb element to have throughout you head and chest. :)

If it's water, it is the condensation from the A/C system.

Even if you use the windshield defrost mode in the winter, the A/C runs to dry the air.

It probably is condensation dripping from your car from your air conditioner,which is a normal occurance. It is moisture from the air.

have you been using your AC? it could be sweat running down from the AC tank back by the firewall and also there are lines that will get sweaty too from using the AC.

Yeah, so on your car simply park under your car. It's always been that way and that's the way it as likely as not will stay