Why is Turkey Bad for Dogs?

Okay, I know lots of people who feed turkey raw to their ferrets and cats, and after Thanksgiving I took the fat from the turkey (no spices) and poured it on my dog's food, because she's had beef fat before with no ill effects, and I figured cooking it would just kill the nutrients in it. Well, she threw it... show more Okay, I know lots of people who feed turkey raw to their ferrets and cats, and after Thanksgiving I took the fat from the turkey (no spices) and poured it on my dog's food, because she's had beef fat before with no ill effects, and I figured cooking it would just kill the nutrients in it. Well, she threw it all up and I was informed that turkey cooked is bad for them, but the reason why they couldn't tell me. So, why would cooked turkey cause her to get sick, but not other poultry products or beef or whatever? Also, this was given to her last night, and everything she ate was all thrown up. She's a little bummed out, but eating and drinking. Should I be concerned or give her anything? If she gets worse, she WILL go to the vet, so I don't need "go to the vet" chanted at me.

Thanks!
Update: No bones, I made sure of that one! She never ever gets cooked bones! ;-)